• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC to Big 5 Gap Is Clear

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, deters- said:

❄️

winners show respect independant...dont be a tool, Nancy.  Act like a Bull in victory and defeat.  Ill send you the notes on how.

image.png.e47f26b4a7fe88541e19550ba1bbbe7d.png

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

Appreciate the positive perspective. I don't post enough to even know what you are talking about - but I am OK with that. I also don't feel bad enough about a team losing a game to feel need to personally attack people. Sorry life hasn't given you enough to be thankful for that a post you disagree with can cause you such ... annoyance.

Life has given me plenty to be thankful for...including the perspective to know you’re full of ****.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, USF_Grouper said:

That is a really horrible thing to say on many levels. 

I think they'll get beat pretty bad by whomever they play (so would we or memphis if they win it). I really hope I am wrong.

Most certainly anyone in the aac won't be able to compete with Georgia or the other ny6 teams. UCF isn't that strong, Memphis plays worse defense than both our schools, and USF has bad coaching and mental errors out the ass. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy UCF get pummeled like Hawaii did in the BCS era.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, USF_Grouper said:

You are all missing the point - which i guess is to be expected given green and gold glasses. Miami lost to a Pitt team that would have won against either of the two teams on the field. When FSU came to Ray Jay gave a taste of what that looks like - just too big and too strong up front to keep game competitive. 

The harder question is how do we clsoe the gap - without better fan support it is really tough. Only thing I have ever seen work is the creative style (option offense, always throw, etc). 

Ummm...again I think you are off the mark man. While I agree USF didnt play a perfect game, as is typical in CFB, there is no way you can look at either of those games and come to the conclusion you have just made. 

In fact look at the bowl game recently and your statements are proven incorrect. We will see how it plays out soon enough...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, dclenden said:

winners show respect independant...dont be a tool, Nancy.  Act like a Bull in victory and defeat.  Ill send you the notes on how.

image.png.e47f26b4a7fe88541e19550ba1bbbe7d.png

Do you need a safe space for my comments? UCF can get f'd. It's a rivalry and I hate that program. They just stole the biggest game in program history from us. So f them and I hope they get destroyed brutally.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

15 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

You are all missing the point - which i guess is to be expected given green and gold glasses. Miami lost to a Pitt team that would have won against either of the two teams on the field. When FSU came to Ray Jay gave a taste of what that looks like - just too big and too strong up front to keep game competitive. 

The harder question is how do we clsoe the gap - without better fan support it is really tough. Only thing I have ever seen work is the creative style (option offense, always throw, etc). 

USF and UCF teams that played today would have destroyed the Pitt and the Miami that showed up today. Miami lost because their QB missed open receivers all game.... he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn today off day cost them the game.

USF amd UCF also spank FSU or the Gators....

You realize the FSU team that spanked us had a history of like 4 consecutive 10+ win seasons and superior athletes. They aren't that team this year. FSU in he last 5 years beat all but the most elite P5 teams for the most part and losing to them doesn't mean our play is inferior to the P5.

We also crushed Illinois and UCF crushed Maryland. Memphis topped UCLA, Houston topped Arizona. 

Top of the AAC is definitely above the middle and lower P5 teams. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

Good news is we will get to see come bowl season. Time will tell.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

Just so many blown coverages, so much capitalizing on lack of team depth and inability to make tackles. At the next level (of college football) those kind of plays just aren't available. 

Don't get me wrong - fun game to watch. But I don't disagree with where either team was ranked - if anything perhaps a bit high.

Where do you rank TCU OK ST.  And OU? They have similar games and score but that's good football? Hell all of the SEC except a handful of teams would be clobbered by either of these teams....imo (which holds no street cred)

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

The way these two teams played today would've pushed anybody in the P5. I don't know what game you just watched.

LOL!!!! 

Dude we're closer to the Mac than Duke at this point. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

14 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Life has given me plenty to be thankful for...including the perspective to know you’re full of ****.

Enlighten me on this great insight then... You have an undefeated AAC team behind a 3 loss Big 5 team - seems rest of world recognizes what I am seeing today. These are two fo the best (probably the two best ) no P5 teams in the country. Game was entertaining and exciting. But I think anyone unaware of conference affiliation would be pretty certain this was a non P5 matchup.