• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong needs to go!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If CCS leaves I wont cry either. 

He is garbage. I want a coach who gets these guys motivated. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

I don't think CCS is garbage but I wonder if he is a good fit for our program in general. Like others have said-- the whole situation has a bit of a Skip Holtz feel to it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Rather have a coach like Frost young and motivated and energetic ...but the negative is they will bolt quick.

Ccs if he can recruit well he could do well on just that alone.

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Rather have a coach like Frost young and motivated and energetic ...but the negative is they will bolt quick.

Ccs if he can recruit well he could do well on just that alone.

that was the one thing about CJL -- he was dedicated to the USF football program and would have coached here until he retired. We need a guy who is both a great recruiter/coach and that dedicated to boot. That is a hard thing to find-- very rare.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

that was the one thing about CJL -- he was dedicated to the USF football program and would have coached here until he retired. We need a guy who is both a great recruiter/coach and that dedicated to boot. That is a hard thing to find-- very rare.

I know he built this program makes me sad we might never see that type of loyalty again. Maybe if we get former player.

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I know he built this program makes me sad we might never see that type of loyalty again. Maybe if we get former player.

I was sort of hoping CWT would be interested in that type of situation considering his ties to the area. He left on good terms-- he could come back to us someday I suppose. But if we need to find a replacement for CCS soon, not sure who would be a good fit. We will most likely end up with someone pretty green.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

12 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Never to be found, most likely.  We are a stepping stone.  Just like UCF, all the excitement about this undefeated season and no chance at all Frost stays there.  It's a crappy existence.

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Strong has apparently made it clear to UF that he wants out (check out this 2:30 update):

2:30 p.m.: FootballScoop.com, in speaking with a variety of coaches across the industry, believes the “prevailing logic” is that Chip Kelly will choose UCLA over Florida and that the Gators will then turn to UCF head coach Scott Frost as their next top candidate. The website also reports that neither school has begun speaking with additional candidates at this time but that South Florida head coach Charlie Strong is hoping that Florida comes calling.

http://www.onlygators.com/11/12/2017/florida-gators-coaching-search-ticker-candidates-tracker-updates-news-analysis/

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^^ lulz 

Florida won’t hire Strong.  If this “hoping” could be corroborated, that would certainly make for an interesting situation.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Strong has apparently made it clear to UF that he wants out (check out this 2:30 update):

2:30 p.m.: FootballScoop.com, in speaking with a variety of coaches across the industry, believes the “prevailing logic” is that Chip Kelly will choose UCLA over Florida and that the Gators will then turn to UCF head coach Scott Frost as their next top candidate. The website also reports that neither school has begun speaking with additional candidates at this time but that South Florida head coach Charlie Strong is hoping that Florida comes calling.

http://www.onlygators.com/11/12/2017/florida-gators-coaching-search-ticker-candidates-tracker-updates-news-analysis/

LMAO he can hope all he wants...not happening