• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CCS hates it here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He's been checked out for a while

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

55 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Me too, but if he stays he really needs to become a bit more fan friendly/accessible like every coach we've had.  We're not a big donor team with unrealistic expectations but he has to engage a bit with the core base.

You do understand that he is working on gameday, correct?  I'm pretty dialed into CJF (WBB) and before the game(s) he will say hello make some small talk, but is all business.  Post-game he always comes back and is far more engaging. Not sure what folks are looking for when they speak of engagement.  BTW, I just used your quote not to call you out, it was just one of many I've seen regarding CCS and his friendliness and engagement with fans.  He came over the group at UConn and shook hands, etc. He's got a lot on his plate and I'm not sure he should be doing the Ray Jay before or after games.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Ray Jay leap.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

A big part of that is ignorance. 9 wins is the second best total in team history and we have 2-3 games to go. I know we all want more and better, but we shouldn't forget what we have. 

To a degree, but we are currently unranked and playing uninspired, boring brand of football. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,592
  • Days Won:  6

40 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

You do understand that he is working on gameday, correct?  I'm pretty dialed into CJF (WBB) and before the game(s) he will say hello make some small talk, but is all business.  Post-game he always comes back and is far more engaging. Not sure what folks are looking for when they speak of engagement.  BTW, I just used your quote not to call you out, it was just one of many I've seen regarding CCS and his friendliness and engagement with fans.  He came over the group at UConn and shook hands, etc. He's got a lot on his plate and I'm not sure he should be doing the Ray Jay before or after games.  

BA, I get it about gameday, but I just feel such a disconnect when I'm in his presence compared to CJL, CSH and CWT.  During stampede, CWT (and most coaches on their stadium walks) was all smiles, high fives and saying thank you to those lining the walk.  CCS is all eyes on the ground and no acknowledgment of his supporters.  It's great he's focused on the game, but just strange to me.  Great he shook hands after UConn.  I don't remember him coming by us at ECU or Tulane as the players did.  I get we're just a stepping stone back to the P5 but just a weird overall feel that he's not thrilled to be here as we provide him with that opportunity.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,678
  • Days Won:  14

I don't want a coach who doesn't want to be here. I'd rather have an up-and-coming coach who's trying to make a name for himself, with an exciting offense and willingness to innovate using Florida speed. If CCS leaves I won't be terribly upset about it. Next year will be a rebuild year anyways with as many critical seniors as are leaving.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Me too, but if he stays he really needs to become a bit more fan friendly/accessible like every coach we've had.  We're not a big donor team with unrealistic expectations but he has to engage a bit with the core base.

I’ll take 9 wins and CCS over Skip Holtz every day of the week. I don’t  watch football for the chance to high five the coach.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,696
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

To a degree, but we are currently unranked and playing uninspired, boring brand of football. 

It's not our coaches fault we are unranked at 9-1.

Throw some shade on the AD that set up this shitshow for a schedule.  All this CCS hate is awful. Enjoy the season. We have limited time left with a special group of young men.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

37 minutes ago, mjadams said:

It's not our coaches fault we are unranked at 9-1.

Throw some shade on the AD that set up this shitshow for a schedule.  All this CCS hate is awful. Enjoy the season. We have limited time left with a special group of young men.

Our prior AD scheduled home and home series with 4 Big 10 teams: Michigan State, Maryland, Indiana and Wisconsin.

At one point we had Michigan state and Wisconsin on this year's schedule.

Shortly after Harlan arrived Michigan State bought out their return game.

Wisconsin asked that the game be rescheduled to 2019 and Harlan agreed to do that or they also would have bought out of the game.

I believe Harlan scheduled the series with Ill after that happened.

The blame for our current schedule rests on the Big 10.

In addition, other games were also bought out by the Big 10 (Maryland and indiana) and that has played havoc on our OOC schedules. 

Edited by Mama_Bull