• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS hates it here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Its really is all the player's faults, the have not executed.  If the would start executing better we could probably open up more of our offense for them to execute.  You see, execution is the key.  Without being able to execute the little stuff, the big stuff will never be able to be executed.  We have simply not been able to execute a complete game.  However, when we do start executing, watch out!  Because that will open up some amazing plays for us to execute and we will shock our opponents with our ability to execute on such a high level.   

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I have no knowledge if CCS is unhappy and wants to leave.  Based on how he appears during interviews and pressers, it kind of seems that way.  I know. I know.  That's just his personality, but perhaps he really is unhappy.  As someone above said, I believe the announcement on the football facility and even the OCS earlier in the year were done as a way to make good on commitments made to him during the interview process.  We'll see how all this plays out.

If he really wants to leave, the easiest way would be to kick the tinmen's ass and win the AAC championship and then grab one of those P5 offers he covets (Arky, Ole Miss, etc).

Good Luck Chuck!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Why aren't we executing though? Are we physically not able to be overpowering enough to open the holes at the point of attack consistenly or is the playcalling on first down so predictable that the defense easily defends it this putting us off schedule?

The offense is designed to pick up 4 to 5 yards a pop.  If you go into 3rd and long it screws the system up because it then relies on good passing or dynamic plays  to keep the chains moving.

It is easy to say we aren't executing.  First question is what does he mean by that? I don't think he means just the drops.  OL not dominating at point of attack?  Backs and QBs not making the correct reads?  

My opinion is, after a full season of practice and games, non-execution, falls back on the coaching staff.  If it is a problem of not being physical enough up front, then you are running the wrong offense for your current personnel.  If it is the players making the wrong reads consistently going into the last game of the season then the coaching staff has done a crappy job teaching what is needed.

Total BS to keep saying its execution and take what the defense gives you.  Taking what they give you means if the squeeze the line and bring 8 into the box you spread them out by attacking the edges, going over the top several times to back the safeties up and run some play action throws like we did to Wilcox and Johnson at UCONN.  Taking what they give you doesn't mean taking the 1 or 2 yards they give you by running into the line they are blocking up.

I am mostly concerned about play calling inside the red zone. We score, but are we kicking too many field goals rather than TDs?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

Hire a 12 year old that plays Maddon religiously to design a playbook since apparently we don't have one. :FIREdevil:

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

So lately UF has had pretty good defenses and won despite offenses that didn't meet expectations yet they couldn't fire the coach fast enough.

I fail to see why CCS wouldn't be at the top of their list!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

Guys, lets remember, there are lots of good options:

1. Coach Strong leaves for a better job - that means we had a successful year and we get a $2 million departing gift to pay the next head coach. (by the way, if both the USF and UCF job open up this year, there is a very real chance Lane Kiffin gets one of them)

2. Coach Strong stays, 24 seniors, we rebuild into the team he wants to coach. He is a good coach, it is just he is trying to make Willie's players play his style of game. If Charlie is here long term, I have no doubt he will have success. 

I am fine with either one of these. 

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
12 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

1. Coach Strong leaves for a better job - that means we had a successful year and we get a $2 million departing gift to pay the next head coach. (by the way, if both the USF and UCF job open up this year, there is a very real chance Lane Kiffin gets one of them)

2. Coach Strong stays, 24 seniors, we rebuild into the team he wants to coach. He is a good coach, it is just he is trying to make Willie's players play his style of game. If Charlie is here long term, I have no doubt he will have success. 

You have much more faith in Charlie Strong then I do. Same issues everyone mentioned that I attempted to write off as just a bad fit at Texas..same things happen to our team. 

Its not just a bad fit at Texas anymore. I don't think he wins more then 3 if stayed there. Talent carried him here, not because he coached it well, because these kids choose not to let it a down season happen. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

56 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

It could change as it did with Taggart, but clearly there is very little confidence by the fan base (not just on here, but in what little fan base we have as evidenced by RJS fans booing. 9-1 teams don't normally get boo'd at home).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Me too, but if he stays he really needs to become a bit more fan friendly/accessible like every coach we've had.  We're not a big donor team with unrealistic expectations but he has to engage a bit with the core base.

• Upvote 1