• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our next head football coach should be

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

I sincerely hope Charlie Strong will remain at USF for many more years. However, when the inevitable happens, I recommend we pursue Lane Kiffin as our next football coach. I know all of you think I am deranged but I will explain my reasoning. I am a math tutor for freshmen football players at FAU. All of the kids I tutor love Kiffin. Each one of them told me they chose to attend FAU because of Coach Kiffin. These kids had legitimate scholarship offers from schools like LSU, Georgia, Kentucky and Michigan. Kiffin is quietly building a Conference USA powerhouse. The Owls are currently 6-3 and are on a five game winning streak. They play at Louisiana Tech this Saturday. You know that's a win playing Skip Holtz's team. They should end the regular season 9-3 before playing in a bowl game. FAU was 3-9 last season before Kiffin took over. The FAU defense leads the nation in interceptions and their offense is 23rd in the nation in total yards gained. They recently gained a Conference USA record 804 yards against Western Kentucky. Of course, Lane Kiffin comes with some baggage, we know he would probably leave USF for a power five school but so would almost any football coach. Again, i hope Charlie Strong stays a Bull for a long time but just in case, we should consider Kiffin, who is doing an amazing turnaround job at FAU.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

No way to Lane Kiffin, he destroys programs that he runs.  Watch, he will torch FAU on his way out in the middle of the night. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

I sincerely hope Charlie Strong will remain at USF for many more years. However, when the inevitable happens, I recommend we pursue Lane Kiffin as our next football coach. I know all of you think I am deranged but I will explain my reasoning. I am a math tutor for freshmen football players at FAU. All of the kids I tutor love Kiffin. Each one of them told me they chose to attend FAU because of Coach Kiffin. These kids had legitimate scholarship offers from schools like LSU, Georgia, Kentucky and Michigan. Kiffin is quietly building a Conference USA powerhouse. The Owls are currently 6-3 and are on a five game winning streak. They play at Louisiana Tech this Saturday. You know that's a win playing Skip Holtz's team. They should end the regular season 9-3 before playing in a bowl game. FAU was 3-9 last season before Kiffin took over. The FAU defense leads the nation in interceptions and their offense is 23rd in the nation in total yards gained. They recently gained a Conference USA record 804 yards against Western Kentucky. Of course, Lane Kiffin comes with some baggage, we know he would probably leave USF for a power five school but so would almost any football coach. Again, i hope Charlie Strong stays a Bull for a long time but just in case, we should consider Kiffin, who is doing an amazing turnaround job at FAU.

Pass. 

I did find some common ground. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

I think when Charlie leaves, Willie will have worn out his welcome in Oregon and we should take him back.

Edited by Bullrush33
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

No thanks.  I think Joey Freshwater will find some min level P5 that doesn't care about his past and wants to make a flashy hire.   I think he stays at FAU until that offer comes because the weak competition he faces allows him to pad his resume....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

No thanks.  I think Joey Freshwater will find some mind level P5 that doesn't care about his past and wants to make a flashy hire.   I think he stays at FAU until that offer comes because the weak competition he faces allows him to pad his resume....

This ^^^

Incidentally, let's say CCS leaves this year.  We would take a coach that was at FAU for a year and left the first chance he got.  We are entering a world where we will have a coach for 6 months then 3. 

Pretty soon we will have a double Kiaju moment and hire 2 head coaches, one being a back up.

Hopefully CCS sticks around but if he doesn't we should hire a guy we could at least hope sticks around for a while. We know **** sure Lane Kiffin won't.

latest?cb=20140406163222

(I should have added this @Bull Dozer)

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, MMW said:

This ^^^

Incidentally, let's say CCS leaves this year.  We would take a coach that was at FAU for a year and left the first chance he got.  We are entering a world where we will have a coach for 6 months then 3. 

Pretty soon we will have a double Kiaju moment and hire 2 head coaches, one being a back up.

Hopefully CCS sticks around but if he doesn't we should hire a guy we could at least hope sticks around for a while. We know **** sure Lane Kiffin won't.

:lmao:

Image result for double kaiju pacific rim

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Lane Kiffin would be 8-0 with this years team. Our O would be unstoppable. 

Edited by flsportsfan83
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Lane Kiffin probably views USF as a lateral move from FAU. 

With failures with the Raiders, Tennessee and USC, how many chances is this guy going to get? 

I think if he were smart, he would stick with FAU a few seasons and try and rehab his reputation a little bit. 

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

I thought the same thing, especially if he doesn't have any major personal or professional screw ups before Charlie leaves. That said, I think there are several P5 programs that would be willing to chalk up the past to a 'learning experience' and take a chance on him. Here is where I see him landing next year:

1. Arkansas - They hired Petrino, enough said. They are in desperation mode. 

2. Florida - yep, especially if Frost takes the Nebraska job. The Gators aren't happy unless they blow people out. Lane will have no problem doing that a la Spurrier. He will also get the QBs UF has lacked since Teabow left. 

3. Ole Miss - They would dance with any devil that could get them to compete in the SEC West.

4. Louisville - If Petrino bolts for an SEC job, I think this has a solid chance of happening.

5. Miss St. - If Mullen bolts for Gainesville.

6. Auburn - Lots of chatter Malzaan is out if he can't win the big game. 

7. Kentucky - If Stoops bolts in the chain reaction after UF hires somebody.

8. TX AM - Sumlin seems to be on thin ice for the same reason as Malzaan.

9. UCF - If Frost and when Frost bolts but it would be another 1 year gig. Lane is the King of the 1 Year Gig, perfect fit.