• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks Like UCF is Almost Sold Out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, cdub3511 said:

I agree with Ambien and Army on this.  No doubt there are scumbag fans for every team in the country but I've been to all of the games at UCF and tailgated in the middle of UCF groups and have never had a problem.  Maybe I'm the exception and should consider myself lucky...certainly sounds that way based on this thread.  Are there going to be drunk UCF fans that act like jerks, of course there are just like there are plenty of drunk, obnoxious USF fans on any given game day.  I'm not going to leave my flags and magnets on the car while in the game but I don't do that at Ray Jay either.  We typically do the Alumni Association tailgates at away games but since we can drive to this one and transport our tailgate gear we'll be setup on campus with USF flags flying.  Hopefully we won't be the only ones.   

I've been to all of them in Orlando as well. I'm a slightly different case though since when I go, I'm at a mixed tailgate and with a half dozen or so from each side, so we're a large, mixed group both in Tampa and Orlando. But either way, I've never had a problem. I'm not really a fighter, though.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

It's not fear, it's common sense not to put yourself in a position of disadvantage. I don't like being behind bars; that doesn't equate to fear, it equates to common sense and experience.

This says it all by one UCF poster:

"Remember when we were in CUSA and were voted the worse fans in the country due to our rudeness to our guests? I never realized how soft football fans could be until that happened, LOL!"

And then there is this sensible comment from a UCF fan who gets it:

"Honestly, this doesn't fill me with pride for my University. We advertise how proud we are to harass opposing fans and then wonder why people don't bring their families to games? 

Man, be better than this."

Just because you have a rival doesn't mean you have to act like total jerks and be mean spirited to them.

Edited by Mama_Bull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Well, we are having an OFF CAMPUS tailgate!

Some Houston fans had a tailgate party at a hotel near RayJay. They just felt that was what they wanted. To each his own.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Usually section 124 and 123

Oh great...who puts the away team old guys like me right next to their student section which is now in both endzones?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Your last sentence reminded me of:

88E230BC-1167-4B44-B94F-20C506CED5BF.jpeg

Lighten up, Francis.

• Haha 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, you are blowing this way outta proportion. Do you really think they'd let us play football in a stadium with "true" structural problems? Get real. 

Also, if you truly are "worried", just don't go or setup near memory mall. That's where all the rowdy students/people are. Everywhere else is chill as hell.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The only fight I've been in since leaving the Navy in 1999 was at a USF-UCF game in Tampa. I got suckered punch during the tailgate and then all hell broke loose. Don't get me wrong, looking back on that day, I said more than enough things that probably warranted a good 'ole fashion ass whooping by my parents, however it wouldn't have been enough for me to initially throw a punch at someone else if those same words were being said to me. I'll give the young buck credit that swung that day - I was still pretty jacked then. The kid had balls of steel... and a lot of liquid courage in him.

It's interesting how crazy those few seconds were - I took a punch in my right eye from the side - and then I was like an out of control raging bull throwing haymakers at anyone wearing a UCF shirt that was in front of me. A fellow board member and his friends had to pull me out of the fracas so I wouldn't get arrested. One thing I learned that afternoon was the difference between a fight while with college friends and while in the military. My military friends would have had my six and there would have been multiple people laying on the ground (a bar fight in Providence in 1998 was proof in point when one of my buddies got jumped) - my college friends didn't throw one punch that afternoon. The fight or flight mentality made sense to me that afternoon.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Good point. If there's one thing UCF has shown, they would never put a person's life in danger through negligence.

WINNER!  "I only regret that I have one Like to give"

But seriously, man how those Knights obsess over all things USF.  I don't care enough about UCF to hate them, and I work with a few Knights are pretty cool.  But these tools are rabid.  That said, I WILL go to the game and I WILL stroll thru their tailgates.  Gimps.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

I worked for the UCF Alumni Association and to say that all our fans are idiots is idiotic. I can say the same thing about USF fans just based on my experiences but I know that's not true. 

USF Fans yelled "Golden Showers" when we first came over way back whenever it was when our President was speaking at an alumni event right outside the stadium. REAL classy. Still, I have many friends that went to USF and UCF/USF is one of the best things in the AAC right now, ESPECIALLY this year.

And why would UCF obsess over anything USF?  You haven't won anything and the only thing you had over us (Big East) is now gone? 

Edited by Muckdawg24
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2