• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watching UCiF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I really believe USF is built for the long haul. Watching UCiF they have our Achilles heel from last year. They score fast but can't stop a team from dinking and dunking/ eating up clock. 

The announcers when bashing the Pac 12, talked about the high octane offenses but zero defense. Then they talked about what the truly great teams have in common. Strong defense, strong running game, and quarterbacks that can manage the game. We are shaping up to be like that. Only difference is our quarter back is dynamic. 

This run heavy offense is growing on me. We can pass when we need to, and eat up clock like a winning team, built to last, should. We don't need to gun sling, SMU is showing the blueprint to beat the knights now. 

Get A stop and eat up clock before you score. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This...said the same thing earlier in the week. This game is going to be epic 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Yep, was hoping they'd lose to take out that "what could have been" feeling after we beat them. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

They are good. Sure seem to have gotten some breaks. 

To beat them we will have to not give up the big plays.

i am thinking we will be the best defense they have faced. 

Will be a great game. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

Watching USF and SMU today, and it seems as if catching the football is a lost art.  SMU would've won this in OT if they could just hang on to ONE of 3 crucial catches.

USF: Humbled by 1 loss already, hungry from being knocked out of top 25, underdogs again, bye week coming up, offense showing positive signs at right time of year, 2 extra days rest before Black Friday

C.: Defense is looking worse every week, head coach distractions, CFP ranking distractions, playing way over their heads, offense not tested yet, USF game will be 10th straight week without bye, likely overconfident, USF game will be on short week

Not to mention the fact that we ALWAYS bring it against them even when we've had our most awful teams.  We're winning on Black Friday.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

SMU with key drops but ucf left three tds on the field.  We can beat them, but we are going to need to be able to sling it and keep pace with their offense.  

After watching SMU I am a tad more concerned about the Tulsa game.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, USFStPete said:

USF: Humbled by 1 loss already, hungry from being knocked out of top 25, underdogs again, bye week coming up, offense showing positive signs at right time of year, 2 extra days rest before Black Friday

C.: Defense is looking worse every week, head coach distractions, CFP ranking distractions, playing way over their heads, offense not tested yet, USF game will be 10th straight week without bye, likely overconfident, USF game will be on short week

Not to mention the fact that we ALWAYS bring it against them even when we've had our most awful teams.  We're winning on Black Friday.

This must happen.  I'll be watching in a random Richmond-area hotel.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, USFStPete said:

I hope so. I think Memphis is playing the best football right now. That could easily change though.

I turned the game on late, but I heard the announcer say that SMU entered C. territory 7 different times without leaving with a point.  Maybe I missed out on how the game flow was going but at face value that sounds like a lot of bounces going against SMU.