• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Give Credit Where its due

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

USF had control of the game the whole time it seemed. The INT was clutch.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Only knock on Gilbert I had tonight was he seems dyslexic in his play calling. Really clueless about play calling to control the clock. 

We were talking about it at the game. Why was he throwing and running fast pace midway through the 4th quarter up by 3 scores. Don't you want to run it and run the clock down?  

Then early on he usually runs into the lines. 

First time I got to see the offense live. If the tackles or TEs could get a seal block, any kind of off tackle run picks up 20 to 30 yards everytime the way defenses line up against is. I think Gilbert discovered there is life outside the hashes.

Just an observation, and i could be wrong, but very few of our pass plays are thrown to receivers while they are moving. Most of our pass plays go to receivers that run their routes and are stationary when the catch the ball.  Explains why there less yards after catch than past years  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

35 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Just an observation, and i could be wrong, but very few of our pass plays are thrown to receivers while they are moving. Most of our pass plays go to receivers that run their routes and are stationary when the catch the ball.

True today.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Brad said:

True today.

Were they finding the soft spots in the zone coverages?

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

11 hours ago, bullsfan1983 said:

I don't know if this game is a harbinger of things to come, but it was encouraging. UConn is 128/129 in total defense. ECU is 129 and Tulsa is 127.

uconn stinks

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,696
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Brad said:

True today.

Maybe the reason passing stats looked better. It's really just pitch and catch on many of them

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Only knock on Gilbert I had tonight was he seems dyslexic in his play calling. Really clueless about play calling to control the clock. 

We were talking about it at the game. Why was he throwing and running fast pace midway through the 4th quarter up by 3 scores. Don't you want to run it and run the clock down?  

Then early on he usually runs into the lines. 

First time I got to see the offense live. If the tackles or TEs could get a seal block, any kind of off tackle run picks up 20 to 30 yards everytime the way defenses line up against is. I think Gilbert discovered there is life outside the hashes.

Just an observation, and i could be wrong, but very few of our pass plays are thrown to receivers while they are moving. Most of our pass plays go to receivers that run their routes and are stationary when the catch the ball.  Explains why there less yards after catch than past years  

There's a lot of football left midway thru the 4th quarter. Almost NEVER stop running what's working. We've seen enough to know that our defense gets tired late and gives up huge chunks of realestate. Agree like last week, on the last drive, with the lead and playing for at minimum a field goal, let the clock run. Just not earlier.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

much more balanced offensive play calls. even had a RB TD catch and TE TD catch. we have athletes all over the field and Gilbert tried to use them all. I liked to hear that they installed some plays that worked last year. Study a top ten offense on tape and add plays that worked for them.Smart. Nice to know he is not too stubborn to swallow his pride and do what's best for the team. Keep it up. UConn was not a good defense but we will need to continue spreading the ball around if we want to beat UCF.

I just hope he didn't put these things on tape to early in the season.....

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

UConn DBs, which are horrible, were playing way off the receivers as to not to give up the long ball so all the underneath stuff was there.  UCF is aggressive and plays press man coverage so I expect a heavy dose of power run against them with the 50/50 long ball mixed in to keep them honest.

Should be a lot of fun!