• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Random thought about black friday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

If you're questioning buying a TV, the answer is always Yes.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Toss ups? Not quite pal.

Houston will be better than Tulane. Houston has a solid win over Arizona, played Memphis very tough, but also had some strange loss to Tulsa...

Uconn is in the cold and that team carries around some kind of USF kryptonite. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Should I get a new TV?

Seriously though... I see that ESPN's highly accurate FPI gives us less than a 25% chance to win that game. I was curious about what both teams would be dealing with leading into the game. We have a bye week before a Thursday game with Tulsa on 11/16, then, 8 days until the war on I-4. UCF doesn't have any breaks for the rest of the season (aside from this week against Austin Peay). They also play at Temple on 11/18, so, they will travel home and prep to play us on a somewhat shortened week.

Not sure if that means anything, sometimes playing 1 game in like 18 days leading up to that one could make a team rusty, but, we should be pretty well rested and hangry going into that one I hope. Just thought it was interesting... along with the FPI chance of winning that one.

We will learn a lot about our Bulls this upcoming Saturday afternoon vs. Houston.  Let's face it .  This is the first relatively decent football team that we have played.  It's great that we are 7-0 and ranked.  But, as the old saying goes, "Where's the beef?"  I think that UCF is a very good football team.  Better than many people realize.  I couldn't even begin to make a prediction about that game until I see if we can remain focused for four quarters vs. Houston and therefore take care of business.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Not that I expect that we will lose to Houston at home, but if we did we would still win our division by beating UCF. It's the same as if UCF had lost to Navy last week.

If that were to happen, where would the CCG take place, if both USF and Memphis had one conference loss?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

53 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Not that I expect that we will lose to Houston at home, but if we did we would still win our division by beating UCF. It's the same as if UCF had lost to Navy last week.

If that were to happen, where would the CCG take place, if both USF and Memphis had one conference loss?

Excellent point! No Peach but as I have already said the hardware is most important. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

It would be the team that is ranked higher in the CFP ranking at the conclusion of the season that hosts if teams are tied in conference record and did not play head to head.

Edit: It's actually more complex and involves a win in the final conference game

• f only one division champion is ranked entering the final week of conference play, it will host if it wins in that week. If that team loses, a composite of four computer rankings is used to determine the host.
  • If both division champions are ranked, the higher-ranked team that won in the final week will host. If, in this scenario, neither wins in the final week, the same computer ranking system is used.
  • If neither division champion is ranked, the aforementioned computer rankings are used.
Edited by bullsfan1983

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

11 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

It would be the team that is ranked higher in the CFP ranking at the conclusion of the season that hosts if teams are tied in conference record and did not play head to head.

Edit: It's actually more complex and involves a win in the final conference game

• f only one division champion is ranked entering the final week of conference play, it will host if it wins in that week. If that team loses, a composite of four computer rankings is used to determine the host.
  • If both division champions are ranked, the higher-ranked team that won in the final week will host. If, in this scenario, neither wins in the final week, the same computer ranking system is used.
  • If neither division champion is ranked, the aforementioned computer rankings are used.

Thanks for the info.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472

Here is how I see it . We have better athletes then any of the teams we face so if we lose it's all on the coaching.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, gullibull said:

Here is how I see it . We have better athletes then any of the teams we face so if we lose it's all on the coaching.

We may have the best athletes but not best coaches. See special teams.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, gullibull said:

11 hours ago, Gismo said:

We may have the best athletes but not best coaches. See special teams.

Huh... I never thought of it that way. Sometimes some of those superior athletes have a bad day. How many of our superior wide receivers have dropped multiple drive sustaining passes this year? How many of our superior LBs/DBs have missed tackles that sustain drives for the opponent? How many passes has Q missed? I wish I lived in a world where I could blame any and every shortcoming I have on my boss. I also do not know that we hold all of the skill matchups against UCF. I like our QB better, but, their other skill positions are at least as good as ours. Their lines are huge and they have given up like 2 or 3 sacks all year. I really hope that the team doesn't feel this way for this game, or any for that matter.