• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gilbert still doesn't get it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

These coaches excel in coach speak I dont think additional questions are going to matter.  Yes there were execution problems at the goal line.  Yes hes stupid for not letting his best player make a guy miss to score.  If he does this against Houston with similar results lets start worrying.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

10 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

These coaches excel in coach speak I dont think additional questions are going to matter.  Yes there were execution problems at the goal line.  Yes hes stupid for not letting his best player make a guy miss to score.  If he does this against Houston with similar results lets start worrying.

How do you know that QF made the read and hand it off instead of keeping it on all of those?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

We have to be the bitchiest fans of a 6-0 team ever.  Yes, the red zone offense was lacking, but you do realize that the a lot of our runs are read options (some probably have a pass option), QF decided to hand it off instead of keeping it on most of those.  The game was well in hand, no need to do something that could turn the momentum, i.e. a pick six at the end of the first half.

Many fans have forgotten the four years of purgatory. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

They were clearly power run formations. Iirc.  I think even a fullback in one of them. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Many fans have forgotten the four years of purgatory. 

The AAC is purgatory, we just happen to be the mayor now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This is like saying the kids who ride the short bus are just holding back until it's the right time to show their true genius. :icon_drink:

Edited by Flowers4Heisman
posting drunk
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The AAC is purgatory, we just happen to be the mayor now.

Very true 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

47 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

We have to be the bitchiest fans of a 6-0 team ever.  Yes, the red zone offense was lacking, but you do realize that the a lot of our runs are read options (some probably have a pass option), QF decided to hand it off instead of keeping it on most of those.  The game was well in hand, no need to do something that could turn the momentum, i.e. a pick six at the end of the first half.

28 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

How do you know that QF made the read and hand it off instead of keeping it on all of those?

This would be very interesting to know:  what % of playcalls where we either run the ball or Flowers keeps are read option vs. run was called from the sideline.  You say a lot of our runs are read options, which is true, but "a lot" is very subjective.  

I'd be willing to make a wager that the number of read option calls aren't as high as you think, and that most of the time when the run goes up the middle, it's because Gilbert called a play for that to happen.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

We have to be the bitchiest fans of a 6-0 team ever.

I'm sure Michael Spinks had a lot supporters, too. ---Right before he met Tyson in the ring.

Edited by Flowers4Heisman
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

This would be very interesting to know:  what % of playcalls where we either run the ball or Flowers keeps are read option vs. run was called from the sideline.  You say a lot of our runs are read options, which is true, but "a lot" is very subjective.  

I'd be willing to make a wager that the number of read option calls aren't as high as you think, and that most of the time when the run goes up the middle, it's because Gilbert called a play for that to happen.  

I'd be willing to bet that too.  Assuming all of those runs are read options where Q made the wrong read is also assuming Q forgot how to run the read option over the off season...He was super effective making those reads last season so.....

I know Q admitted he missed some reads this past game but I'd be willing to bet over the course of the season most of those are just straight up power plays with the RB.  

Also, I would rather us run those red zone power plays with Q straight up instead of the RB.  It gives us an extra blocker and more than likely puts Q in a one on one situation and I take that allllll day long.

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Like 1