• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Deadrin Senat: Targeting ejections made me better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Sorry I have no idea what that is a reference to.

Half baked. Jim Breuer's character is either being fired or quitting, I don't recall, but he is imploring his coworkers "come on man, who's coming with me man". 

The thing doesn't work if you don't get the reference. 

Anniversaries are ok, but right now I don't think people want to highlight the anniversary of a loss. His slant always seems to be to work in a slight or two. We had a good turn out, we have a good team, and we want to keep rolling and getting people engaged. These "minor" negative mentions are placed as caveats to keep people on the fence

4 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Normally I'd agree with the jab thing, but I really think it's a compliment phrased poorly. It's been a year since we lost a football game. Hallelujah and can I get an AMEN!

I don't believe someone as loquacious and "articulate" as Mr. Knight would do something like that, poorly phrase a compliment. As the heir to Chaucer we know he possesses more astute faculties than that.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Half baked. Jim Breuer's character is either being fired or quitting, I don't recall, but he is imploring his coworkers "come on man, who's coming with me man". 

The thing doesn't work if you don't get the reference. 

Anniversaries are ok, but right now I don't think people want to highlight the anniversary of a loss. His slant always seems to be to work in a slight or two. We had a good turn out, we have a good team, and we want to keep rolling and getting people engaged. These "minor" negative mentions are placed as caveats to keep people on the fence

I understand your opinion, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I understand your opinion, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

all I'm saying is you don't build a brand by having people crap on you. His little slights keep locals from investing in our team.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

NO SEPARATION: Count Strong among the legion of Group of Five coaches/administrators not in favor of a separate playoff for Group of Five teams. Strong was asked the playoff question Tuesday, shortly after indicating he would match his 16th-ranked team with anyone in America.

"Even when you look at the Group of Five, we feel like we can go in the Power Five and beat some of those teams," he said. "I don't know how many we could go beat, but at least we could go play with them. So you just don't ever want that separation there."

WTF?

Why would you give such a wimpy emasculated answer?!  Makes our boys look like wussified puppies that can't run with the big dogs.

What he should have said is, "We're just as good as they are, we'll play them any time, any where, and beat them. They're chickenshit for not scheduling us."

Now, THAT would fire up our boys

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

FLOWERS' FRUSTRATION: Those watching the Bulls' 33-3 romp Saturday of Cincinnati -- either in person or via ESPNU -- might have noticed QB Quinton Flowers betraying signs of frustration on a couple of occasions. Afterward, Flowers insisted he was frustrated at himself.

On Tuesday, Strong said the same, indicating Flowers was angry over a couple of inacccurate throws toward 6-foot-5 senior Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and the failure to see slot WR Tyre McCants on an open seam route.

This is total BS coach-speak

Flowers was spinning his hand, clearly indicating that he was frustrated how slowly the calls were coming in from the sideline.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No I don’t. Last game we lost to was against Temple exactly one year ago this Sat. Why is this a problem? It’s all factual and applicable.

.... and a little bit scary that it's the exact anniversary.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

20 minutes ago, charsibb said:

WTF?

Why would you give such a wimpy emasculated answer?!  Makes our boys look like wussified puppies that can't run with the big dogs.

What he should have said is, "We're just as good as they are, we'll play them any time, any where, and beat them. They're chickenshit for not scheduling us."

Now, THAT would fire up our boys

And make him look like a fool ..... next comment after that bombastic bs:

"Coach, Stony Brook gave you all you could handle into the 4th quarter but you 're saying you would beat Alabama............................ got it"

There's probably a happy medium between his response and yours ....

25 minutes ago, charsibb said:

This is total BS coach-speak

Flowers was spinning his hand, clearly indicating that he was frustrated how slowly the calls were coming in from the sideline.

Was the spinning the hand mentioned in the question about Q's frustration ..... or did the cameras just catch him on the sideline in a less than jovial mood?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

There was a lot more visible frustration from Q that I could see, but I agree most all of it could have been about himself. The spinning hand, though, was clearly frustration at the sideline--can't talk around that one, coach.

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And make him look like a fool ..... next comment after that bombastic bs:

"Coach, Stony Brook gave you all you could handle into the 4th quarter but you 're saying you would beat Alabama............................ got it"

There's probably a happy medium between his response and yours ....

Was the spinning the hand mentioned in the question about Q's frustration ..... or did the cameras just catch him on the sideline in a less than jovial mood?

It was while the team was on the field, and Q was looking at the sideline, with a very furstrated face. The spinning hand said, "Give me the **** play already."

Happened several times.

46 minutes ago, Triple B said:
2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No I don’t. Last game we lost to was against Temple exactly one year ago this Sat. Why is this a problem? It’s all factual and applicable.

.... and a little bit scary that it's the exact anniversary.

Ya know, they both start with "T"...

homer_afraid_2.jpg