• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

Athletics department staffer killed in car accident

On October 12, 2017

image.jpg

Mike Radomski, athletics assistant director of communications, died in a car accident.
SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE/GOUSFBULLS.COM

An athletics assistant director of communications died in a car accident early Thursday morning.

Mike Radomski, who worked primarily but not solely with the men’s basketball as the media liaison, died in an accident on Interstate 75 around 1 a.m. on Thursday. He was on his way home from working on preparing materials for the upcoming basketball season, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

"I am truly at a loss for words. I am heartbroken," Bulls men's basketball coach Brian Gregory said in a statement. "Mike had become a member of our basketball family and endeared himself to our student athletes, coaches and staff, with his honesty, humility, kindness and professionalism.

“We all lost a friend today and we will do our part to uphold his memory by living lives of virtue and optimism. Our hearts go out to Christina and their family."

Alcohol was not a factor, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where he was when this accident occurred, but if it was on his way to work, on I-75 South (& North) there is an awful lot of Highway improvement going on south of Wildwood which is where he lived with his wife.

Such terrible news and a great loss to all.