• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Suggestions to reach 40,000 for homecoming

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

You're not paying for an ocs with cheap food + beer and free parking ....

And I do agree with that, but I'd be more than willing to donate $1,000+ to have our family name forever inscribed on a brick of that stadium. I think the donors will donate, but if you want casuals to show up with their kids you're going to need to get creative like a AAA baseball team. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

switch cincy with UF... It will sell out then.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Hem said:

And I do agree with that, but I'd be more than willing to donate $1,000+ to have our family name forever inscribed on a brick of that stadium. I think the donors will donate, but if you want casuals to show up with their kids you're going to need to get creative like a AAA baseball team. 

I do agree with that, just can't get too creative as to devalue the mid level pricing which is where you may be needing a good chunk of support. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/2/2017 at 11:46 PM, charsibb said:

Convince Vinik it's worth his while to re-schedule the game (all the players get "pneumonia"), and USF offers to allow Lightning fans to swap out their tix for free at the gate

Honestly, might be the only idea i've seen that would work....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

I got an email about 15 dollar tickets for alumni in the next home games.  I bought the 3 game pack this year.  

Anyway, this seems like a good deal but the market will dictate...

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/5/2017 at 1:35 PM, Bullrush33 said:

Blackouts actually work the opposite. You kill the fanbase this way.  The better idea is to have different ideas to reach different target markets. $1 beers for the youngins and Fireworks for the familes.  More stuff to do with before the game. Get an alumni address list and  Go door to door (Just Kidding). But thats what I feel like doing.   

Blackouts kill the fan base in pro sports.  What fan base is their to kill right now?  It's only the die hards showing up any way.  Don't give the students and local alums another reason to stay at home.  It's not really viable option according to our TV contracts.

We don't control the beer prices.  This is part of the problem is we don't receive any ancillary revenue from Ray Jay and we have limited options to get people to come out other than our product on the field. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

I've been seeing a lot more activity of fans and alums trying to spread the word. I think a lot of us took major offense to all of the negative press. Really enjoying the unity and determination. I don't think we'll hit quite 40k, but it's looking promising. Maybe ~35 realistically? 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

13 hours ago, deadudea said:

I've been seeing a lot more activity of fans and alums trying to spread the word. I think a lot of us took major offense to all of the negative press. Really enjoying the unity and determination. I don't think we'll hit quite 40k, but it's looking promising. Maybe ~35 realistically? 

I've also head a lot of people talking up the game this weekend. Hopefully the weather forecast will change and the rain will stay away. Mother Nature hasn't been the kindest to us this season. 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

any idea if tickets are selling well?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 10/6/2017 at 6:30 AM, Hem said:

A Jim Leavitt bobble head doll night, or Skip Holtz destruction night would give attendance a boost