• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report: Louisville head basketball coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich have been fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

9 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Exactly. Only way schools get kicked out is if their attendence is terrible as that is how Temple got kicked out of Big East. UL has great support and facilties so they are safe 

6 hours ago, NCBull said:

Oh, attendance is the key?...nice narrative for the OCS, I'm sure.

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, Dogma said:

With Miami also implicated, and the problems at UNC... drop those programs... 11 teams left.  

USF, UCF, ECU joins the ACC.

BOOM... WIN WIN WIN situation.

LOL, if those teams were kicked out (not happening IMO but let's play along) it would be far more like they join the AAC than we join the ACC (much less ECU).

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

lousiville fbi.jpg

From the article posted above:

"But understand that this isn’t an NCAA investigation. This is a federal investigation, and the feds are undefeated."

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, MMW said:

LOL, if those teams were kicked out (not happening IMO but let's play along) it would be far more like they join the AAC than we join the ACC (much less ECU).

This got me thinking (possibly with green and gold goggles on).  Out of the G5 schools, it seems to me that USF and UCF have the highest ceilings (large student population, large TV markets, Florida recruiting, etc.).  So, I would imagine that on the next round of expansion, we'd be the front runners (Assuming football doesn't tank again).  IMO, it would be better for the ACC to take us, and virtually lock down Florida or for the Big 12 to take us and establish a presence in Florida.

If the ACC placed us in the Atlantic division with FSU and UCF in the Coastal division with Miami, I believe our attendance would skyrocket.  Having FSU, Clemson, Wake Forest, NC State, Lousiville, Syracuse, BC, and UCF on our schedule every year would do wonders.

BTW, this is just a what if scenario.  I don't need, "FSU and Miami won't let it happen", especially since I've never seen a credible source confirming this.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

They are reporting that people close to Bobby Petrino will leave to find another coaching job in the NCAA.   Louisville U is going to be a mess for a long while. 

Bobby always seems to have one foot out the door. The new AD will no doubt want to 'clean things up' for a while. However, the Cards are starving for football success and that's why Bobby was asked to come back. Bobby always wins and unless he screws things up, he will be the coach. This is their best way out of the mess. They will pay him whatever he wants to stay, he has even more leverage. That said, now that the FBI is up the Cards ass they could start looking at all the programs and want to make UofL an example. In that case Bobby will have a job in a week at TN, MS, SC, LSU, etc.Petrino-Back.jpg

Another thought, if a conference went to 16 teams, do you think they'd increase the number of conference games to 9 or 10?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Rizman said:

They are reporting that people close to Bobby Petrino will leave to find another coaching job in the NCAA.   Louisville U is going to be a mess for a long while. 

If he is looking it would be after the season. I wonder if he has rehabbed his reputation enough to get any offers? I suspect the answers is yes, but many universities will pass 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

This got me thinking (possibly with green and gold goggles on).  Out of the G5 schools, it seems to me that USF and UCF have the highest ceilings (large student population, large TV markets, Florida recruiting, etc.).  So, I would imagine that on the next round of expansion, we'd be the front runners (Assuming football doesn't tank again).  IMO, it would be better for the ACC to take us, and virtually lock down Florida or for the Big 12 to take us and establish a presence in Florida.

If the ACC placed us in the Atlantic division with FSU and UCF in the Coastal division with Miami, I believe our attendance would skyrocket.  Having FSU, Clemson, Wake Forest, NC State, Lousiville, Syracuse, BC, and UCF on our schedule every year would do wonders.

BTW, this is just a what if scenario.  I don't need, "FSU and Miami won't let it happen", especially since I've never seen a credible source confirming this.

But your last paragraph is key and virtually the most important reason why we will never be in the ACC. However, if this impacted the Big 12 then your point is well taken. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But your last paragraph is key and virtually the most important reason why we will never be in the ACC. However, if this impacted the Big 12 then your point is well taken. 

That last paragraph has been message board fodder for some time, but I've yet to see any real source state this.  Right now it seems to be conjecture and inference.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

The ACC will not add us or ucf as they have already said they don't want more than 2 teams from the state as they already have 4 in nc. Our best chance is either the big 12 or big 10