• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tulane STAMPEDE!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

Just in case some don't see this on the Travel thread - If you're going to New Orleans.

As a pre-Alumni party in the French Quarter on Friday Oct. 20th. Everyone meet up at 3pm.

I have contacted Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop(bar) 941 Bourbon St. No happy hour, but decent drink prices. From there to Fat Tuesday, 633 Bourbon St. for "cheapest beer on Bourbon St., green and gold shots (lemon drop and sour apple)," and then down to the Chart Room, 300 Chartres St.(no frills and cash only dive:icon_drink:). The House of Blues is right around the corner. The whole STAMPEDE is less than a mile.

GO BULLS! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,320
  • Days Won:  43

I'm hyped for this event. I may not be able to form a coherent sentence by the time I make it to this due to the hand granades, but I plan on being there. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Having nametags for the 'pennners is a good idea, but my execution at SJSU left somewhat to be desired.

I tried to get EVERYBODY to wear one, and got roundly ridiculed by non-penners, even by the organizer. So, if you're going to do it, I suggest walking around and asking if they're members here, and only handing them out to penners.

I don't get it, though. Why would folks go to an alumni happy hour, and then only talk to people they already know? What's the big pushback against wearing a namesticker?

I tried to get around to almost every table to meet folks - ended up spending the bulk of the time with Wooden and Bourbon (awesome nametag, BTW!)

Oh yeah, don't forget to start some smacktalk with Alexis and Dylan if they're on the cheer travel squad. They be feisty!! Fun times! :D

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be there but not flying in until the morning on game day. Really would like the kickoff time announced ASAP. Where's everyone going to celebrate crushing Tulane?

All three stops open at 10am...:icon_drink:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

We'll be there. What's the House of Blues event?  Did I miss something happening Friday night?  GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

We'll be there. What's the House of Blues event?  Did I miss something happening Friday night?  GO BULLS!

Never mind - found the alumni party event at HoB.  As I said on the travel board, hoping the game is not at 11am CT like Wisconsin.  Really tough after a rough Friday night.  GO  BULLS!

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Looking forward to it...

4 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

That's the Alumni event from 5pm - 7pm.