• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we complain about Booger and Joey?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

57 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

In a vacuum, none of the criticality displayed toward USF was unfair or inaccurate.

In the real world, the rampant criticism for arguably the best G5 team in the country was ridiculous; especially when you consider they cited our undisciplined play as a reason... SDSU is even more undisciplined...

What's more, the criticism was inordinate to the amount of critical feedback being said about Temple, the far lesser team of the evening and season. For as bad as they were saying our QB was throwing and our receivers dropping passes, you'd have assumed QF had 4 interceptions, not Temple's trio.

We held a team to negative rush yards and less than 100 yards of offense. You'd think they'd have taken more of a **** on them at some point in the evening? Nope. Instead, they were waiting for us to fall apart after the forced fumble on Q and pointing out BS like "has a QB ever gotten targeting?"... has a RB? STFU.

They're idiots.

But at the same time...it's a compliment of sorts. They do this crap to Bama and other top-tier teams too. Scrutinize the hyped team even when they're running away with the game because if the little chinks in the armor ever get exploited, they'll be able to say "I told you..." An age-long tradition for announcers in a one-sided game. If we sucked, they'd be talking more about each other's golf swings for two+ hours since there wasn't much good they could say about Temple

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

But at the same time...it's a compliment of sorts. They do this crap to Bama and other top-tier teams too. Scrutinize the hyped team even when they're running away with the game because if the little chinks in the armor ever get exploited, they'll be able to say "I told you..." An age-long tradition for announcers in a one-sided game. If we sucked, they'd be talking more about each other's golf swings for two+ hours since there wasn't much good they could say about Temple

Rembrer ESPN stands for  entertainment and sports network. There is a reason why entertainment is first in their acronym. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Just finished re-watching but it didn't seem as bad to me as some of you had made it.   There was actually some decent insight on Galloway's part even toward the end of the game.  Booger's comment about his teacher was tasteless and he didn't bring as much to the table as Joey but, all in all, I've seen worse.  As for not talking about the game in front of them for the last quarter - that happens all the time in a boring game.  And even though we scored 40+ it was a boring game.  Announcers talk about food all the time.   They attacked Temple at times and said some bad things about teams that weren't playing.  I'd give them a C-.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

ESPN hates USF because good ol boy Skippy failed here and ESPN loves them the Holtzs. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I'll add this after my rewatch. Booger is still an idiot....

But really, they during the game and on Sportscenter asked if USF could get back to #2 in the country this year. While I know  no one said yes, it was nice to hear them formulate the question like it was possible. Little things that will make people think I hope. 

Btw, the woman on Sportscenter may have been a bigger dolt than Booger. We don't need archaic math, let's let 13 (archaic) men decide the top teams in the country!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

9 hours ago, FatDaddyBull said:

Btw, the woman on Sportscenter may have been a bigger dolt than Booger. We don't need archaic math, let's let 13 (archaic) men decide the top teams in the country!

Archaic computers. Get it right. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

Speaking of ESPN; maybe it's the green glasses but it seemed like the cameras avoided a lot of opportunities to show the west side of the stadium.  I know most of the camera shots are shot from west to east, but there were several times they could have panned out on the west side bud didn't.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Was probably the series where we should have had a safety due to a takedown of one of our pass rushers in the end zone...

I think that was when we got a pick, and they were discussing whether to take the penalty and safety, or to take the interception and the ball inside Temple's red zone.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Archaic computers. Get it right. 

Maybe I'm not with it on this conversation, but is this serious?  Computers don't decide the top teams anymore.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Turn the sound down or better yet listen to the USF radio broadcast.  Who care about who announces or what they say.  The game was wildly out of hand by halftime and they looking to fill time.  There were probably fewer tv watchers than were in the stands.  

The announcers matter about as much as the uniform.  Who cares about either.

Go Bulls!