• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I can't see a team not being motivated on the field.  Especially a large, successful program like Auburn.  But I could see the way they plan and prepare being effected.  Going from the SEC championship game and a playoff appearance to a Peach Bowl appearance against UCF could be demoralizing.   Coaches could have used more time working with returning players for next year as opposed to fully preparing for UCF.  Doesn't minimize UCF's win in my opinion, but something to consider.

Demoralizing...maybe. But with all the hype on an undefeated UCF and the infuriating let-down in the CC, I guarantee Auburn was ready to put a hurting on someone. UCF was simply better.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  2

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Bowls games that don't matter are a crap shoot. Just consider this, did a team that was basically the same, improve that much in a year from getting blown out by something called Arkansas State to winning a "national championship"? There is no way both those Peach Bowl teams were on the same level emotionally and the Kanigits were definitely good enough to take advantage.

The answer to your question is a resounding yes. Of course the team improved that much. Talent wise? Probably not much. But the 2016 team was coming off a winless season and switching to spread option from running a pro style offense. With a freshman QB who was still learning the system and his teammates. An extra year of getting the playbook down and a freshman QB growing up are game changers. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Demoralizing...maybe. But with all the hype on an undefeated UCF and the infuriating let-down in the CC, I guarantee Auburn was ready to put a hurting on someone. UCF was simply better.

I expected a pissed off Auburn team to lay a beating down. They arguably should have been in the final four and had a statement to make. They had a lot of spite and told you so to play for.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  943
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

The mid-major label for USF football is an insult and simply is not accurate. Not every college football team in a so-called "P5" conference should be anointed as a "major" program just because they happen to be in the Big Whatever Conference. Conference affiliation is certainly not the sole criteria for determining the level of "major" to assign to a program, so can we please dispense with the generalization that USF is a mid-major football program solely because we are in a so-called "G5" conference. I submit that any FBS program in the top 25 is automatically a major program. 

😂😂😂 serious!?!? Ok, so based on your criteria let's mark Western Michigan, Western Kentucky, Marshall, San Jose St, Northern Illinois and Utah State as major football programs, just to name a few that cracked the top 25 at the end of the year; awesome, everybody gets a trophy. Look we can argue this all day, the bottom line is the AAC isn't taken serious and the playoff and TV money is skewed to the P5 in a big way. Other than on field performance, what's your qualifying points that we are major........ OCS, rabid fan base, large donors, TV exposure, deep recruiting, conference championships? I mean, come on, I don't like sounding negative because there is so much that is good with our school, but dude, be real, you sound like a UCiF delusional fan. We have a small loyal following, impressive academics, great athletic facilities, we do things the right way (unlike UCiF), university development is wonderful. Let's be proud of who we are and work toward who we want to be, but let's not think we are something we're not. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:
20 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I expected a pissed off Auburn team to lay a beating down. They arguably should have been in the final four and had a statement to make. They had a lot of spite and told you so to play for.

I didn't even mention the Knights carrying the "reprehensible" P6 banner. Again, every reason for Auburn to have come ready to bash & smash, but they couldn't. Same for TexTech & us--we just wanted it more.

It was funny, early in the game the announcers talked about how the Tigers would wear them down on depth, but they didn't account for UCF's determination. Alright, now I've given enough praise for UCF, I have to go visit the bathroom now...:(

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

25 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The answer to your question is a resounding yes. Of course the team improved that much. Talent wise? Probably not much. But the 2016 team was coming off a winless season and switching to spread option from running a pro style offense. With a freshman QB who was still learning the system and his teammates. An extra year of getting the playbook down and a freshman QB growing up are game changers. 

Yeah ..... okay. You bring up talent wise. I'd imagine you out talented ASU by a ton last year, don't care what kind of offense you were running then, yet they kicked your ass .... They were far more motivated for that game than UCF. It happens in bowl games. You play any of the 4 CFP playoff teams, plus Auburn or some other top 10 teams, in the regular season or a CFP game and it's highly doubtful you win, or possibly even compete. You had a great undefeated season .... embrace that and keep with the cute faux national championship stuff.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,405
  • Days Won:  19

I've been saying it for years - No G5 team will ever make the CFP.

The AAC is no where near P5, and that is because of money!

The best compromise that we (G5) can do right away is lobby for a 8-team playoff.

5 spots for P5 champs (that way all conference commissioners would buy in, except the SEC maybe); change the 1 NY6 for the G5 to a guaranteed spot; and 2 At-large/Wild Card spots. Seeding is according to CFP rank. This way, the G5 can directly compete and no excuses can be made about P5 teams 'not trying'. Also, the G5 spot may be ranked higher, because would you really want to knock out the No. 1 seed because of bias?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The joys of being in the SEC. Just go around saying no one can beat you. But if you get beat just say you weren't interested that day, because if you were interested....

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,715
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, michibull said:

😂😂😂 serious!?!? Ok, so based on your criteria let's mark Western Michigan, Western Kentucky, Marshall, San Jose St, Northern Illinois and Utah State as major football programs, just to name a few that cracked the top 25 at the end of the year; awesome, everybody gets a trophy. Look we can argue this all day, the bottom line is the AAC isn't taken serious and the playoff and TV money is skewed to the P5 in a big way. Other than on field performance, what's your qualifying points that we are major........ OCS, rabid fan base, large donors, TV exposure, deep recruiting, conference championships? I mean, come on, I don't like sounding negative because there is so much that is good with our school, but dude, be real, you sound like a UCiF delusional fan. We have a small loyal following, impressive academics, great athletic facilities, we do things the right way (unlike UCiF), university development is wonderful. Let's be proud of who we are and work toward who we want to be, but let's not think we are something we're not. 

My point is that it is stupid to perpetuate the myth that somehow a crappy team is magically a major "power" program just because of their conference. Just do us a favor and keep that "mid-major" talk to a minimum. Just like a terrible nickname, the mid-major lable can stick if enough people (even *gag* USF fans) keep throwing it around. Why is that controversial on a USF fan board?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The is more parity in football than the networks will admit, but the fans perpetuate the lie. Why did Ok get in and not UCF? The b12 and AAC were nearly a dead heat statistically in the power polls, butthe conference that wasn’t denigrate got their team in while our conference sat out. This entire system of elevating one conference over the others because of the name is nonsense. 

• Upvote 1