• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Three AAC in top 25 in both the final AP and Coaches Polls:

UCF 6/7

USF 21/21

Memphis 25/24

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Edited by Mama_Bull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

UCF’s AD White is the main reason that UCF is having success. He has made some great hires. Their hoops hire was brilliant. Now they are one of those the top teams in hoops. To me that is the travesty of it all as USF has been bottom of the barrel in hoops. Got to fix that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

They also went 0-for-the season twice . . .

Three times IIRC...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

Last night shows that UCiF is NOT the national champion. Alabama and Georgia would obliterate them!! They showed that there is a large gap between Alabama, Georgia and Clemson and everyone else. UCiF played an Auburn team that did not want to be in that game, there were just left out of the CFP and had nothing to play for. UCiF's win was nice, but NOT real. This also shows that there is no reason for a "P6". I love USF, but the CFP is perfect at 4 teams and there is not team from the AAC could ever compete for a natty against those teams and their recruiting, which renders the whole P6 thing useless. Yes money would be nice, BUT, AAC teams don't generate money like the P5. Are we competitive with the Big 12 and ACC, absolutely, but let's keep things in perspective, it's all about money, and our conference just don't generate money like the P5. Let's just focus on winning our conference and if expansion happens, great; but when it comes to P6 talk, it's pointless (when it comes to National Championships and CFP). USF and UCiF are mid-majors and all of us will go through cycles of good times and really bad times, due to good coaches coming in and leaving for bigger jobs. That is the reality we live in as a G5 conference. 

Edited by michibull
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, michibull said:

Last night shows that UCiF is NOT the national champion. Alabama and Georgia would obliterate them!! They showed that there is a large gap between Alabama, Georgia and Clemson and everyone else. UCiF played an Auburn team that did not want to be in that game, there were just left out of the CFP and had nothing to play for. UCiF's win was nice, but NOT real. This also shows that there is no reason for a "P6". I love USF, but the CFP is perfect at 4 teams and there is not team from the AAC could ever compete for a natty against those teams and their recruiting, which renders the whole P6 thing useless. Yes money would be nice, BUT, AAC teams don't generate money like the P5. Are we competitive with the Big 12 and ACC, absolutely, but let's keep things in perspective, it's all about money, and our conference just don't generate money like the P5. Let's just focus on winning our conference and if expansion happens, great; but when it comes to P6 talk, it's pointless (when it comes to National Championships and CFP). USF and UCiF are mid-majors nf all of us will go through cycles of good times and really bad times, due to good coaches coming in and leaving for bigger jobs. That is the reality we live in as a G5 conference. 

I agree with some key points you made but I don't understand how you can objectively and firmly say that they would get obliterated. Football games are all about match ups and those orlando guys can pass the ball very well which caused Georgia issues last night. Don't get me wrong I hate those Orlando guys as much as anyone on this board but they did not lose any games this year so it's a moot point. Regardless I would really like it if they could somehow include undefeated teams in order to crown an undisputed champion. That being said, I can't stand the orlando school and wish they would stop stomping and whining about their fake Lombardi trophy and just enjoy their success as it is temporary until we meet them next season :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

25 minutes ago, michibull said:

Last night shows that UCiF is NOT the national champion. Alabama and Georgia would obliterate them!! They showed that there is a large gap between Alabama, Georgia and Clemson and everyone else. UCiF played an Auburn team that did not want to be in that game, there were just left out of the CFP and had nothing to play for. UCiF's win was nice, but NOT real. This also shows that there is no reason for a "P6". I love USF, but the CFP is perfect at 4 teams and there is not team from the AAC could ever compete for a natty against those teams and their recruiting, which renders the whole P6 thing useless. Yes money would be nice, BUT, AAC teams don't generate money like the P5. Are we competitive with the Big 12 and ACC, absolutely, but let's keep things in perspective, it's all about money, and our conference just don't generate money like the P5. Let's just focus on winning our conference and if expansion happens, great; but when it comes to P6 talk, it's pointless (when it comes to National Championships and CFP). USF and UCiF are mid-majors and all of us will go through cycles of good times and really bad times, due to good coaches coming in and leaving for bigger jobs. That is the reality we live in as a G5 conference. 

You just called USF and UCF Mid-Majors. Sorry but, we are not Mid-Majors and even though I hate UCF, I would never call them Mid-Majors as they are in our conference. By calling them Mid-Majors, you infer that we are Mid-Majors. A true Bulls Fan would never do this at any point or for any reason. We may suck at Men's Basketball but, we suck at the highest level of the sport (Non-professional). USF is not a Mid Major at anything. 

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Azmodi said:

You just called USF and UCF Mid-Majors. Sorry but, we are not Mid-Majors and even though I hate UCF, I would never call them Mid-Majors as they are in our conference. By calling them Mid-Majors, you infer that we are Mid-Majors. A true Bulls Fan would never do this at any point or for any reason. We may suck at Men's Basketball but, we suck at the highest level of the sport (Non-professional). USF is not a Mid Major at anything. 

Plus the argument is lost when Auburn lost to UCF. That same Auburn team that beat both Bama & UGA. UCF got Auburn’s attention when Killings called out the SEC by saying that their speed is no match to UCF. Auburn let the SEC down as UCF pretty much had their way with them even when Milton was not playing well in 1st half. USF gave UCF a better game. SEC didn’t impress me much. Just saying 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Plus the argument is lost when Auburn lost to UCF. That same Auburn team that beat both Bama & UGA. UCF got Auburn’s attention when Killings called out the SEC by saying that their speed is no match to UCF. Auburn let the SEC down as UCF pretty much had their way with them even when Milton was not playing well in 1st half. USF gave UCF a better game. SEC didn’t impress me much. Just saying 

I wouldn't say had their way with them, but a solid win.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680

You know watching that Auburn game I think the Auburn coaches didn't prepare well. Had Auburn targeted their biggest receiver a bit more, like we did McCants they likely would have won. Both USF and Memphis took UCF to the wire and exposed their weak secondary, let's be honest, our receivers are world beaters, we just gave it to our big guy due to physical size mismatch with UCFs small players. Auburn didn't seem to capitalize at all on the undersized UCF coverage.

Edited by Gismo

5 hours ago, Gismo said:

You know watching that Auburn game I think the Auburn coaches didn't prepare well. Had Auburn targeted their biggest receiver a bit more, like we did McCants they likely would have won. Both USF and Memphis took UCF to the wire and exposed their weak secondary, let's be honest, our receivers are world beaters, we just gave it to our big guy due to physical size mismatch with UCFs small players. Auburn didn't seem to capitalize at all on the undersized UCF coverage.

Maybe Auburn just was not that good as the ESPN media wanted all of us to think ? I could buy the argument that Auburn was not up for the game but they got called out by UCF RB Killings well before the game. If that didn’t motivate Auburn then they have more problems within that program. Either way, the SEC got embarrassed in that game. SEC speed did nothing to impress AAC as UCF spanked them. If UCF makes that FG, the game is pretty much over after three quarters