• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Illinois Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

6 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Yeah, their fans.

What's the difference now between us getting 50K+ at 2007 Cincy homecoming vs what'll happen for 2017 Cincy homecoming? We'll arguably have an even better team to celebrate.

Just wow.  Difference in playing BCS conf with national champion path vs kiddie table.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Just wow.  Difference in playing BCS conf with national champion path vs kiddie table.  

Just got to win out. Will be tough to keep a P6 school out that is undefeated. 

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

This.... X100,000. P5 bias will never let a G5 team 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 9/16/2017 at 4:02 PM, Gismo said:

You can't have the free tickets every home game or it won't have any effect. Do it once a year to get everyone there the same night. 

Bingo. It nullifies the reason to get season tickets.

I'm glad we had more bodies at Ray Jay this past Friday, but our home fanbase is still as milquetoast as ever. I truly, truly hope that the local media starts covering its Bulls a little more like 2007. That may help get some of the average Tampa peeps back on the USF bandwagon.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

You guys really think that if The American suddenly was granted P6 status that our home attendance would just instantly increase? 

Something more than conference affiliation has changed what happened in 2007 homecoming vs 2017 homecoming, imo.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

7 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

You guys really think that if The American suddenly was granted P6 status that our home attendance would just instantly increase? 

Something more than conference affiliation has changed what happened in 2007 homecoming vs 2017 homecoming, imo.

Well, if "p6 status" includes having an equal budget to the current p5, then yes, home attendance would increase, because we coukd increase our marketing budget, hire more people, do more ads, etc, etc

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

"Free football for everyone!" I swear I heard Sanders say that last year. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

Well, if "p6 status" includes having an equal budget to the current p5, then yes, home attendance would increase, because we coukd increase our marketing budget, hire more people, do more ads, etc, etc

We had 2x folks at homecoming in 2007-09 because of increased budget? Doubtful. I don't even think we've felt the pinch due to all the money we've got from buy outs of the BE traitors.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

We had 2x folks at homecoming in 2007-09 because of increased budget? Doubtful. I don't even think we've felt the pinch due to all the money we've got from buy outs of the BE traitors.

When you play and BEAT other teams that contend for titles like we did in back then like Auburn and WV we get big support.  We had a path to the championship. Now we're stuck playing crap teams that nobody cares about with a best case scenario of getting a pity bowl NY6 game against the biggest loser G5 team. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Tampa is used to top-tier pro sports options (NFL, MLB, NHL). We had better attendance when we also competed in the top-tier of college football. We no longer do, and while I hate to be a pessimist, I don't think attendance will improve significantly unless we ever become P5 again. The past two years have demonstrated that wins alone won't improve attendance.

Which is why I think the current approach of planning for a $200 million stadium is a big mistake. I suspect USF doesn't really want to build anything, which is why they're aiming artificially and unrealistically high. A more reasonably sized, priced, and expandable OCS would be sustainable. And the stadium wouldn't look half empty and pirate-themed every home game.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1