• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

bullsmeanbusiness

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

I just hope it's economically viable.

Edited by slick1ru2

I don't think I can name one stadium built in the last 50 years in ANY sport that would count as economically viable.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

So they're going to point out the 2-3 largest areas on campus that don't have new buildings already there. Then they're going to say it will be expensive if we want it done right and we're going to need some big donors to get it done. I wonder how much this first study cost.

$75,000.

My two cents...

Stadium is too large. 30k-40k would be better.

Too expensive. I just don't see how they're going to find the $200 million for this. 

Location D is the best option.

• Downvote 1

IMO, the only way that an OCS in the $200+ million range gets built at USF,  is if there is a firm agreement that we  will then be admitted to a P5 conference.

Considering the puny TV money that the AAC teams now get or will likely get for the foreseeable future,  in comparison to what the P5 teams get, it would make no economic sense to make such an investment.

If I was USF, I would approach several P5 conferences to ascertain whether building a quality OCS would greatly improve our chances for membership and, if it does, then try to nail down a binding commitment from them in the future.

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

IMO, the only way that an OCS in the $200+ million range gets built at USF,  is if there is a firm agreement that we  will then be admitted to a P5 conference.

Considering the puny TV money that the AAC teams now get or will likely get for the foreseeable future,  in comparison to what the P5 teams get, it would make no economic sense to make such an investment.

If I was USF, I would approach several P5 conferences to ascertain whether building a quality OCS would greatly improve our chances for membership and, if it does, then try to nail down a binding commitment from them in the future.

If it was that easy we would have done it years ago.   

I do agree with you that if our future is stuck in the G5 then we shouldn't build it.  We need big time opponents in our stadium to drive attendance not other G5 schools

Why artificial turf?  Cost??

• Upvote 1

I love this rendering. I love the idea of us having a HOME to go back to campus too!  But Guys the main question hasn't been asked or answered yet!!!!! DOES THIS MOFO HAVE SEAT BACKS?!?!?!?! 

12 minutes ago, slbpsi63 said:

I love this rendering. I love the idea of us having a HOME to go back to campus too!  But Guys the main question hasn't been asked or answered yet!!!!! DOES THIS MOFO HAVE SEAT BACKS?!?!?!?! 

With the price tag, they put on this thing it will. It will be a state of the art stadium. 13 million dollar jumbotron!!!

20 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Why artificial turf?  Cost??

Yeah. I find this upsetting. We now play on the top or top 2 playing surfaces in the NFL.