• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zebold: USF Packed With Playmakers at Receiver

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, MMW said:

Pretty excited.  I don't see how we will be better on offense this year but it will be fun to watch us try.  I am old enough to remember when we were a defensive team.  Hopefully we will become more balanced.

If our defense can get off the field sooner, our offense may very well be better.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Lots of talent, but also lots of unproven guys. Losing Adams was a huge blow, because he was the only consistent pass catcher last year. Bronson hasn't lived up to expectations, and barring massive improvement, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone jump him - even before the season starts. We really need MVS to stay healthy and playing at a #1 WR level to stay productive on offense, in my opinion.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I also wonder what group this refers to:

"When the ball is in the air, they know we have to go up and get it, and we have to come down with it," said wide receivers coach Charlie Williams after USF's sixth practice of the fall Tuesday afternoon.

This crew was not great on jump balls last year. Hopefully this means they've been focusing on attacking the ball in practice, because that's always been a weak spot of our receivers.