• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Who will win 11/26/05 USF vs Uconn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Ya, it is a bit early to be talking about a football game six months away, but I am just a fan fanatic that can't help himself. I am real excited about USF joining the BE in a few weeks. I watched a couple of your games last year (well parts anyway) and I want to learn more about what you all think of your chances this year in the Bigeast. I have been boasting about my Uconn Huskies all over the place on the Bullspen. I think Uconn will win rather easily over your Bulls and I will get into the reasons why in a bit. Right now I have to defer the computer to my six year old. It seems I have ran over my turn. He is showing me the clock :)

DW

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JimUSFSig WROTE (moved from thread "Number of football victories in 2005):

Re: Your Guess: Number of football victories in 20

« Reply #15 on: Today at 3:52pm »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on Jun 3rd, 2005, 7:11pm, dw4uconn wrote:

That is some list there Jim. but no way in hell is the Bull going to stomp away with a victory up here at the Rent. Uconn is going to send the Bulls home with leather all softened and broken in  

DW

"DW ... Here are my reasons why USF will win...

U Conn's inexperienced offensive line...  a true freshman at center (good, but young) and you have no OL depth.   You may have two good running backs, assuming Caully can come back from his injury, but they may have a hard time getting holes.

New starting QB... Although by the end of the year, the new QB will have some real game experience... (current total experience: 4 of 7 for 22 yards)... If Bonislawski can't do it, then it could be trouble.

Defensive troubles, off the field... Five players were arrested over a gun-shot issue... two of them have had their charges tossed, and the other three applied for pre-a trial diversion program... they are currently suspended, and will meet with their coaches soon.  If they are not reinstated, there could be some holes on an otherwise strong defense -- especially in the secondary.

Mostly, I think USF and U Conn are about equal in terms of talent and ability... U Conn's has more experience on defense, and USF has more on offense... I may revise this prediction once the season starts... but right now, I see USF winning a close game (something like 24-21)... "  (END OF QUOTE)

Jim, first of all, I like how you do that  "........" thing. Pretty cool. I do it too. Your the first person that I noticed that does that as well :) Are you a nut case like me?

Ya, our offensive line lost three monster lineman. They were recruited when Uconn was just a fledgling Div 1A school without a football stadium. All we had to recruit with were dreams. We have a stadium now, but we are still selling dreams. We have a state of the art indoor practice field under construction - a full 120 yards of state of the art indoor turf. Same as the Detroit Lions play on.  We also have a state of the art training facility that will be attached to the indoor practice field. Soon coach Randy Edsall will be able to sell more than dreams. So what does this all have to do with our offensive line you may ask? Each year since the freshman year of Ryan Krug, and his two monster clones, the Huskies have been recruiting better players. Krug started all four years he played. That was one of the draws for him to come to Uconn. He was a project that Uconn took a chance on, because quite frankly, Uconn had no choice, but to search for undiscovered talent and take chances. With all the playing time, these big guys gelled as a unit and did an outstanding job by their senior year. Well, it will not take as long for Uconn to develop it's young offensive line, Uconn has since been able to recruit very well and have better talent coming out of highschool than was Ryan Krug and the other two you say Uconn will miss so much. The past two years have been tremendous for Uconn in regards to recruiting offensive linemen. Ya, they may be inexperienced, but they are talented. That TRUE freshman center you talk about. He isn't as green as a true freshman. He actually enrolled at CT for the Spring Semester. He was able to participate in spring practice. A huge jump on a "TRUE" freshman.  As for finding holes, Uconn has Terry Caulley back as their #2 option. Ya, as good as he is, he likely will not start ahead of Cornell Brockington. So Uconn has TWO tremndously talented backs - and neither need big holes. Caulley likes to zig and zag and run over people. He is so much fun to watch- especially when he get into the open field. Strong and fast and only second best for Uconn. The we have a third back Taylor out of Florida - a small guy, but very quick. So Uconn has depth on the line and at runningback. I am not concerned.

New starting QB? Bones can get the job done, but he will likely be a warm up until DJ Hernandez learns the ropes. Hernandez was a heralded recruit out of Ansonia CT. A powerhouse FB program up here. He is a terrific option QB who can flat out run. He also happens to have a very strong arm. HE is the QB of the future for Uconn. Look for Uconn to drop its pro style offensive for an option offense. Edsall is HUGE on controlling the clock. So they will establisjh the run and pick their spots when they use the passing game. Oh, almost forgot about Dan Murray - an excellent Tightend which simply gives Uconn another option. Young at QB? Ya, but this QB will have so much talent to work with that all he'll have to do id get the snap and get it to someone. He doesn't have to be flashy.

Finally, you bring up the 5 player scandal. Luckily for Uconn, we got two of the best of the five back. Only one of the other players was going to compete for a starting job. Ya, we may lose some depth at DB and safety, but we got our 280 lb talented DE back. I'll take that trade off. We may likely not see any of those 3 players return this year. Who knows? What they did was beyond stupid, it was unforgivable, in my opinion. I hope they toss these 3 kids right out!!

I don't know too much about USF YET, but I suppose USF will have to look at where they can most easily get their wins. So it is justified to predict wins against Rutgers and Uconn. To be honest with you, your chances of beating Uconn will be better than Rutgers. I predict Rutgers is going to have a very good year. Uconn at home and hopefully not too banged up, spells a win over USF ........ perhaps  ???

DW

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  2

May I give you the answer in November?  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

I don't know, ****, it does look cold up there!!

Uconniscold.JPG

;D

I don't know, ****, it does look cold up there!!

Uconniscold.JPG

;D

Did I say it looked cold?

They own USF?

Man, those benches must have been uncomfortable.  

Especially after getting a kick in the ass from a team only accustomed to a termperature range of 86-88 degrees.

Uconniscold.JPG

It must be under 80 there....

May I give you the answer in November?  

Mission 9, depends on what you mean by November ........ the 27th ???  Okay, it is early still. I really want to know how we match up, because honestly, I see Uconn, USF and Cincinnati making up the bottom of the conference this year. Who will have the humiliation of finishing last?

Anyway, November is fine  ;)

DW