• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

AAC Baseball Tourney Day 3 Chat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Of course if the one USF player had not pissed off the umpire by showing him up by walking to first base after a called strike the strike zone may have stayed consistent in the 9th. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

I didn't play collegiate, but I did in HS, on either of those pitches I guess I would have shown up the ump too.  They were balls.

Secondly, you can't show up the ump when he makes the "ball!" call when you're three strides toward 1st already - he's showing up the player.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yeah, but one of those two people is actually the one who gets to make the call.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Then make the call, drop the drama.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

On 5/25/2017 at 9:16 PM, JoeB said:

OK, here is my take.  I was there and saw every pitch.  The Ump was bad all night, not just the 9th.  He was bad for both teams too, not just USF.  Should we have gotten a few pitches...yes.  Should ECU have gotten a few pitches...yes.  That isn't what lost this game. I, like many on this board was wondering where is Perez?  I was calling for him in the 8th.  We were lucky to get out of that inning.  Why didn't he start the 9th?  Why didn't he come in when two batters reached and there was a lefty batting with no outs?  Very strange.  There have only been a few of us who've been to games all year, so I say this as one of the biggest baseball fans on this board...I had no idea why there were no moves made.  We've made the same moves all year with Joe C and Perez.  Its like clockwork.  He only trusts those two.  When I say he, I'm referring to Kingston (and Mohl I guess).  Its been this way since early on.  Every now and then we see Savarese for an inning around the 6th or 7th.  It was unbelievable to watch this game just slip away.  And for those that say this is so USF, you are wrong.  We haven't lost this way all year, this was different.  I'm not sure of the strategy.  Is Perez hurt?  If so, bring in Savarese for 3 outs.  Joe C cannot and should not be the only arm to trust in the late innings of a close ballgame.  He already did his job.  I'm not sure if we'll get an answer on this, since we have no reporters that actually report on baseball.  Very frustrating as this would have put us in great position to contend for the title.  We have potentially 4 games left in this tournament, with one healthy starter left.  You do the math.

impressive

you should be the manager or a coach