• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judge Margaret Taylor to Charlie Strong on the team: " It's fairly clear you do not have control"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

44 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Coach Strong's response:

Strong responded with a statement of his own, released by USF.

In the short time I have been here our program has been built on character, discipline and family. We have wonderful young men in the USF football program who choose to do the right thing every day. We are dedicated to recruiting young men of high character, and to consistently developing them with structure and frequent education regarding appropriate conduct and behavior, on and off the playing field. While I am shocked and saddened at the recent arrest of a member of our team, I am disappointed that the actions of two players over the last two months have harmed the reputation of our program, of our wonderful university and of my character.  We have high expectations of our coaches, staff and student-athletes and we hold accountable those who act contrary to our values.

This is total ******** and what's wrong with today's society and the media. There should have been absolutely zero reasons for CCS to have to come out with that. The ******'s ignorant raving should have been only subjected to those in the courtroom. This wasn't "news" and should not have been treated as such ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Trip, that I agree with.  However, we are a headline driven society.  We love a fire, carjacking, shooting, etc.  None of which are news.  Tonight, just like last night, and tomorrow night there will be people killed in Philly.  Its not news.  It doesn't affect a broad scope of people, but people love it and can't get enough.  Sad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Trip, that I agree with.  However, we are a headline driven society.  We love a fire, carjacking, shooting, etc.  None of which are news.  Tonight, just like last night, and tomorrow night there will be people killed in Philly.  Its not news.  It doesn't affect a broad scope of people, but people love it and can't get enough.  Sad.

Fires, LJ's alleged crime, carjackings, people getting killed (even in Philly) constitutes news. The twit's misguided admonition of CCS isn't .... and it is definitely sad.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

15 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Good for her ripping into him and sending a message to USF.  

I agree that Jackson should have been ripped into - assuming that he is guilty of the crime.  That said, an admonishment to USF, and especially to Coach Strong, is completely unnecessary.  Neither party condones, nor do they accept the behavior Jackson is accused of.  

I'm not one to be offended by much, but the tone and language used toward coach Strong offends me as an intelligent human being, because it's clear to me sending a message to anyone about this crime was the least of her concerns.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

15 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

1% responsible = 100% accountable.  

While I love the Bulls, I too am embarrassed when players, teachers, staff or anyone associated with USF runs into trouble.  I wasn't in the court room, but am in court lots for my occupation.  I've seen this type of rant from judges and it's often meant to send a message beyond the defendant.  Think before you act.  My behavior represents my family, employer, school, friends, etc.

Good for her ripping into him and sending a message to USF.  Maybe it will affect someone's life in a positive way. He has/ had a great opportunity and seems to have blown it.  Don't let it happen to anyone else.  You bet CCS will use it as a learning for the team as will every other coach at USF.

Go Bulls!

While your statement has some moral basis, I disagree. As the presiding Judge, she should have left her remarks and opinions ambiguous. She should have left the opinion of impartiality even if she isn't. All her statement states to me is "Basis for Appeal." I'm not even addressing her comments towards CCS as they are asinine at best and possibly grounds for a defamation suit at the worst. I'll let the learned Bulls on this board discuss the latter.

• Upvote 2

Trip, this would make good conversation over beers as to what makes news.

I've never understood how a guy getting killed tonight in Philly, a city of 6 million people, is news.  A fire tonight in a row home is news?  Again, not to me.  But, if the masses day it is then it must be.

Go Bulls!

• Downvote 2

BTW, if this was a UCF player who was arrested and the judge spoke about Frost and UCF most would be applauding her.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

BTW, if this was a UCF player who was arrested and the judge spoke about Frost and UCF most would be applauding her.

I wouldn't.  If it were a coach that has a history of player issues, I would.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

12 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Fair, with a few mentions George O'Leary killing kids and such.  But hey, that's what rivals do, so what.  I am sure if they had a dedicated board they would be lighting us  up right now was well.  

So because they do it to us we should do it to them.  Cool, I get it now, thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3