• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judge Margaret Taylor to Charlie Strong on the team: " It's fairly clear you do not have control"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Interesting how mob mentality has taken over.  The venom for the judge far outweighs the player who is charged with a violent felony crime that could afford him a lengthy prison sentence if convicted.  Venom should be towards him if the charges stick.

My issue with the judge is not what she said, but more that she is clearly reading from written notes on the bench in front of her.  My court experience is lengthy and I've not see this before this video.  I've seen lots of judges with off the cuff comments to defendants, parents, employers, etc.  None of these were on an index card on their bench.  She clearly prepared for this one.  The back story will come out over the next several weeks as to why she made the comments.

As for high tech's comment about her embarrassment about my having graduated from USF, hahahahahaha, I appreciate the personal attack.  Very classy.  Because I have a different view you attack me.  I question you far beyond your affiliation with USF.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

This judge is trash.

Wonder how many attorneys attempt to have her recused from their case and site these comments to defend their position. 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Couple theories...

Charlie Strong gave her an STD and she's just leveling the playing field indiscreetly.

Charlie Strong bought her South Tampa house at a discount during her divorce and she's pissed about having to move into a condo.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

23 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Interesting how mob mentality has taken over.  The venom for the judge far outweighs the player who is charged with a violent felony crime that could afford him a lengthy prison sentence 

No it doesn't.  You don't know what you're talking about, or you're just trying to stir the pot.  Everyone thinks that what the player has allegedly done is bad, and he's going to pay the price if he's guilty.  There's no reason for venom for him at this point.  

Maybe something will come out, but I doubt it.  At this point, the "venom" toward the judge appears to be warranted, due to the short time Strong has been the coach here, and his record in player discipline appears to be above reproach.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

25 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Interesting how mob mentality has taken over.  The venom for the judge far outweighs the player who is charged with a violent felony crime that could afford him a lengthy prison sentence if convicted.  Venom should be towards him if the charges stick.

My issue with the judge is not what she said, but more that she is clearly reading from written notes on the bench in front of her.  My court experience is lengthy and I've not see this before this video.  I've seen lots of judges with off the cuff comments to defendants, parents, employers, etc.  None of these were on an index card on their bench.  She clearly prepared for this one.  The back story will come out over the next several weeks as to why she made the comments.

As for high tech's comment about her embarrassment about my having graduated from USF, hahahahahaha, I appreciate the personal attack.  Very classy.  Because I have a different view you attack me.  I question you far beyond your affiliation with USF.

Go Bulls!

I was more disappointed with our program and the actions of the player when it came out the other day - however I'm also hoping he DID NOT commit said charges. I believe a judge typically has a credible voice (minus the 9th circuit court) in society and the love many of us have for our USF degree can never be understated, however I also feel she lobbed a grenade at Coach Strong that lacks some merit. EIther way, she better hope to God that the football player is truly guilty - because if this a Duke case all over again, she has literally trashed the football player's reputation with her narrative. If he's guilty, so be it and let him enjoy his time in prison. Coach Strong though just placed the entire team on notice.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

43 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Go Bulls!

I don't think anyone here is defending Jackson. Assuming he did it, what he clearly did is wrong, disgusting, and he needs to be sent to jail for a very long time, and the odds are that he did indeed commit this crime.

We're upset at the judge for taking shots, possibly premeditated, at Charlie Strong. He didn't and would not have told Jackson to sexually assault a woman-in fact, the man would have done his very best to dissuade Jackson from such an act. 

Where was this judge when Knox and Robbins were engaging in celebratory gunfire on the USF campus? Did she have a go at Willie Taggart then? IF she wasn't the hearing judge, did the hearing judge call Taggart out for being unable to control his players? 

She also risks that justice won't be done because of her comments-because now what would have been a routine criminal case (albeit with a football player), is now going to have trouble with jury selection (thanks to the media attention). Now there's hearsay and myriad other issues entering the case that didn't need to be there, including people's personal opinions. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

You still don't get it. This isn't about LJ. I don't think anybody has had a problem with her admonishment of him and if guilty, he sadly deserves whatever happens to him. This is about the clueless judge's totally uneducated comments about CCS, not Jackson ..... and the fact that they were from prepared notes and not just off the cuff makes her even more clueless, if that's even possible.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

When will Judy come out to defend the University? And let the world know that the judge comments about the University was unfair and insulting to the great students that represent USF. And demand an apology.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

Probably took quite a bit for Ryan Bass to say this on the air:

http://www.wtsp.com/about-us/ryan-bass/311223185

I was wondering if someone there was going to have the balls to address that idiocy ..... and maybe this was part of your point but Bass is a UCF graduate.