• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judge Margaret Taylor to Charlie Strong on the team: " It's fairly clear you do not have control"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Unless CCS drove the getaway car or was somehow an accessory to this or other crimes, no need to mention his name. By all accounts, as has been said over and over again, he does not tolerate this type of behavior and tries to teach the opposite.

This media attention is exactly the effect she was seeking, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

How long has Coach Strong been with the program? --Exactly, that lady knows nothing.

They get to decide cases, not make blanket statements about this or that. Power corrupts people -even those who attended USF.

She's a nobody. And all that blab means nothing. End of story.

The truly sad thing here is the young man's life. What was he thinking? (Obviously, he was not thinking.) I'm glad the young lady is okay.

Edited by FarEastBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

42 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Trip, this would make good conversation over beers as to what makes news.

I've never understood how a guy getting killed tonight in Philly, a city of 6 million people, is news.  A fire tonight in a row home is news?  Again, not to me.  But, if the masses day it is then it must be.

Go Bulls!

Those are old school "news" events and have passed the test of time. I understand, though, if it's not news to you because, if I'm understanding you correctly, if it doesn't affect you in some way it's not news?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131

I just believe that news affects a broad scope of people.  A killing or two tonight in Philly affects virtually no one.  A car jacking at Wawa affects virtually no one and on and on.  Just my opinion.  I watch almost zero local news until the weather.  

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

47 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

BTW, if this was a UCF player who was arrested and the judge spoke about Frost and UCF most would be applauding her.

I think most USF fans are smarter than that. They wouldn't be applauding her because they'd know she's full of **** but they would be laughing their asses off at the negative Kanigit pub.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

1% responsible = 100% accountable.  

While I love the Bulls, I too am embarrassed when players, teachers, staff or anyone associated with USF runs into trouble.  I wasn't in the court room, but am in court lots for my occupation.  I've seen this type of rant from judges and it's often meant to send a message beyond the defendant.  Think before you act.  My behavior represents my family, employer, school, friends, etc.

Good for her ripping into him and sending a message to USF.  Maybe it will affect someone's life in a positive way. He has/ had a great opportunity and seems to have blown it.  Don't let it happen to anyone else.  You bet CCS will use it as a learning for the team as will every other coach at USF.

Go Bulls!

2% of the team committed a crime. So you write off tbe other 98% as criminals? Or better yet 2 out of 40,000 students committed a crime why shouls you be embarrased? Dumb post

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

CCS is not LJs parent. LJ is an adult. This didn't happen at practice. This wasn't an institutionalized coverup like PSU or Baylor. CCS does not bear any responsibility for this -- this judge should be blaming no one other than the alleged perpetrator.

With all due respect, your honor: shove it.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

2% of the team committed a crime. So you write off tbe other 98% as criminals? Or better yet 2 out of 40,000 students committed a crime why shouls you be embarrased? Dumb post

I agree, very dumb post.  Go back and read my post.  You may get it. Had nothing to do with USF students.  Read.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

It looks like she should take her anger out on Taco Bell 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

5 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

It seems like the judge is putting Coach Strong on trial.

If she bothered to do any checking, she would learn that CCS has a reputation for not tolerating bad behavior and has dismissed many players, over the years, for their off the field conduct..

She's probably auditioning for the 9th circuit court.