• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

AAC Spring Football Conference Call

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Some excerpts from JK ....

My favorite part is where Joey creatively substituted "polarizing" for "bat **** crazy" ...

When asked a follow-up question, Frost threw in this polarizing proclamation: "Orlando's the best college town in this state."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Triple B said:

Some excerpts from JK ....

My favorite part is where Joey creatively substituted "polarizing" for "bat **** crazy" ...

When asked a follow-up question, Frost threw in this polarizing proclamation: "Orlando's the best college town in this state."

from the objective perspective of college aged people Orlando has a good argument. It's definitely one of the factors in UCF's explosion in enrollment and growth. It has a really nice environment by Campus and if you add the Eastern Valencia students and even Rollins that is a lot of students in that part of Orlando. Frost has traveled to a lot of Campuses around the country & he loves what he has at UCF.

8 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

from the objective perspective of college aged people Orlando has a good argument. It's definitely one of the factors in UCF's explosion in enrollment and growth. It has a really nice environment by Campus and if you add the Eastern Valencia students and even Rollins that is a lot of students in that part of Orlando. Frost has traveled to a lot of Campuses around the country & he loves what he has at UCF.

Orlando is not a "college town", nor is Tampa .... stop the spinning.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Coachspeak

One thing good for the tinmen is they have Bianchi - the best cheerleading beat writer of all time - and we're stuck with whatever:

Let’s be honest here, shall we? UCF has better facilities, better fan support, a better college football environment and, pretty much, a better everything than does USF, FAU and FIU. UCF is in a huge metropolitan area that doesn’t have an NFL team — unlike the other state schools the Knights are competing against..

“We have the best campus, the best town, the best stadium and the best facilities,” Frost said. “… Inevitably, they [the national media] mention all of those other schools and don’t mention UCF. When kids come to our campus and see what we have to offer, I think it sets us apart from those schools.”

I can’t disagree with Frost.

What about you?

Email me at mbianchi@orlandosentinel.com. Hit me up on Twitter @BianchiWrites 

2 hours ago, Brad said:

One thing good for the tinmen is they have Bianchi - the best cheerleading beat writer of all time - and we're stuck with whatever:

Bianchi's not a beat writer, he's a columnist ... stuck in a town with only one pro sports team, one that sucks, who more than anything wants another "major" team in town so much that he'll pimp whenever he can for the Kanigits in hope that they get there at some point .... and even he wasn't stupid enough to touch the "college town" nonsense.

As a columnist he writes more volume and favorable prose than our beat writer(s?).  Not to ignite the argument that it's not their job. But, he has done it for... it seems 15 years.  In fact he's probably at least partially responsible for them believing half the false **** about themselves.

4 hours ago, Brad said:

As a columnist he writes more volume and favorable prose than our beat writer(s?).  Not to ignite the argument that it's not their job. But, he has done it for... it seems 15 years.  In fact he's probably at least partially responsible for them believing half the false **** about themselves.

It's not the beat writers job so it's not fair to compare him to them. In that regard, he's more like the old timers like McEwen who felt it was their duty to what they could for local sports. For today's local columnists, we're mostly just fodder ...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Bianchi is a columnist, a daily radio host for morning drive time sports radio, a regular on the Finebaum show. He has some pull, IMO.

Look, I am no Orlando  sycophant, but to say they have one pro sports team, is just not being factual IMO. 

Frosts comments usually go on to say, that every other University City , has a pro sports competitor.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Frost is delusional and not genuine in this interview. I get he can't be actually honest about the state of the world, but at least add an "I believe" or "I want" or "Our students think" or "I may be an idiot but" before your statements.