• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, swamprat said:

For accuracy's sake WFTS is channel 28, WTSP is channel 10, CBS affiliate. Channel 10's website has a college section in sports. They seem to cover the Bulls, at least the bad news, anyway. :D

Yeah, I still get those confused. Wasn't Channel 10 the ABC affiliate at one point?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, I still get those confused. Wasn't Channel 10 the ABC affiliate at one point?

Yes. Before FOX came along, Channel 13 was CBS and Channel 10 was ABC. 

I don't know if anybody else noticed or not, but there was not a single local station mic showing at Charlie Strongs post spring game interview. Not one. A lot of phone and recorders, and a single USF mic there. There is nothing on the websites of channels 8.10,13, or 28 about the game, either.

In contrast, check out Fox 19 in Cincinnati...

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13251794/extended-coverage-of-uc-spring-game-at-nippert?clienttype=generic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, swamprat said:

I don't know if anybody else noticed or not, but there was not a single local station mic showing at Charlie Strongs post spring game interview. Not one. A lot of phone and recorders, and a single USF mic there. There is nothing on the websites of channels 8.10,13, or 28 about the game, either.

In contrast, check out Fox 19 in Cincinnati...

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13251794/extended-coverage-of-uc-spring-game-at-nippert?clienttype=generic

That is just f'n sad. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

This sums it up for the "fickle" fan base..."People follow winners."

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Sums it up for lazy ass reporters too. Why not go find the news?  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 4/13/2017 at 6:34 PM, TallyBull said:

The swipe was the suggestion that the fanbase = crickets

A tad hyperbolic, but not wholly inaccurate. Our attendance is improving, but it truly needs to continue. I was fine with the article. Hopefully, it motivates all those USF alumni that have season tickets to other state schools. Come back, your alma mater needs you.

USF is winning, now. They have the potential of going undefeated this upcoming season. That's hard to do, regardless of your OOC schedule and conference affiliation. They went out an hired a well known commodity in Charlie Strong. This could be an amazing season. There is no drama to manufacture. Everything is there.

This is Tampa Bay's university and Tampa Bay's television media refuses to cover it. Professional teams get all the free advertising they need. It's maddening to me. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

9 hours ago, swamprat said:

This is Tampa Bay's university and Tampa Bay's television media refuses to cover it. Professional teams get all the free advertising they need. It's maddening to me. 

Local media is in the market to make money. If our local fan base makes more of a stink about the lack of coverage, I think you'd see better coverage. Outside of the confines of the Bullspen, I haven't heard anything about a well concerted effort to bring attention to this issue. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Just a point of clarity, editors make the headlines. Writers write the articles.