• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

Vikes should let AP go because Marlon Mack should be available

giphy.gif

There is no reason for the Vikings to bring back Peterson in 2017

Excerpt:

" At this current moment, Peterson is a 31-year-old running back coming off a season where he rushed for just 72 yards. Not to mention he is scheduled to make a hilarious $18 million in 2017.

Looking ahead to this year’s draft, there are a bunch of running backs that could step in right away and be a better fit for Minnesota than Peterson next year. A number of talented rushers including Kareem Hunt, Marlon Mack, and Wayne Gallman are just a few of the backs expected to be around when the Vikings make their selection in the second round this spring. "

Story link

Members do not see this ad, Register

Analyst: Lions must ease Stafford’s burden with star RB

Excerpts:

" They need a crown-jewel type running back, an upper-echelon type running back, someone who can carry the mill, be an every-down back who can also make plays in the passing game,” Brooks said at the Senior Bowl. “(Theo) Riddick and (Ameer) Abdullah, those are nice complementary guys.

Many analysts feel this draft is loaded at the running back position. The class is highlighted by dynamic workhorses Dalvin Cook and Leonard Fournette at the top, with tremendous depth through the middle rounds, including Texas’ D’Onta Foreman, Toldeo’s Kareem Hunt and South Florida’s Marlon Mack. "

Link to Detroit News

As a Vikings fan I agree that we should let Peterson go. I would prefer for our team to trade up to get Dalvin Cook who I think will be a top 10 running back in the league, but I would obviously be happy if they took Mack.

I love Mack, but I'm not sure he's an NFL feature RB.  He's not a workhorse, and against our tougher foes, his numbers were weakest.

I see him as a specialty or committee back (like Denver is famous for), getting 12-18 carries a game, and catching some passes. 

Hoping for his success, as USF has very little success in the NFL on the offensive side (skill players).  Andre Hall hung around a small amount, C Mitchell barely made a dent.  BJ has been on fringes, but is headed to his 3rd Super Bowl.

So, Mack being successful would be awesome & maybe help recruiting...and, he seems like a great, humble guy, so really hoping he finds a great fit & sticks around the NFL a while.