• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

National Signing Day '17

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

I know Strong is deep seeded with the state of Florida, but do you foresee him recruiting out of state more than Taggart did? 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, Bull-Long said:

I know Strong is deep seeded with the state of Florida, but do you foresee him recruiting out of state more than Taggart did? 

No need to, more talent than we can sign each and every year.  Plus many out of staters don't even know USF

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

5 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

Isaiah Bolden a current FSU Commit

Ken Montgomery at Hillsborough

Andrew Cunningham RB

Devin Black Armwood QB

Michael Penix Jr Tampa Bay Tech QB

Warren Thompson Armwood WR

These are just some of the guys I can think of off the top of my head, both QB's have said they are strongly considering us and any of the other players would be year 1 starters IMO. Still a year out, plenty will change.

I think we've been after Penix, Jr. pretty consistently. I hope it pays off for staff. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bull-Long said:

Doubt it.  Florida is completely saturated with top talent year after year, why would he need/want to? Not to mention he already has relationships with Florida high schools. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, Bull-Long said:

If his connections help him get in with a kid he won't turn down an opportunity to pursue a talented player but I think he focuses on FL first.   I think we see a bigger south FL flavor to our classes with Strong and Bell working their connections hard down there

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

If his connections help him get in with a kid he won't turn down an opportunity to pursue a talented player but I think he focuses on FL first.   I think we see a bigger south FL flavor to our classes with Strong and Bell working their connections hard down there

4 minutes ago, I Bleed Awesomeness said:

Doubt it.  Florida is completely saturated with top talent year after year, why would he need/want to? Not to mention he already has relationships with Florida high schools. 

7 minutes ago, JoeB said:

No need to, more talent than we can sign each and every year.  Plus many out of staters don't even know USF

All great points! We do have some more competition now with FIU and FAU. Scott Frost is also doing a good job it would appear, so I was curious as to your take. I also think my disparaging point of view in relation to Northeast weather (I'm from Pittsburgh), makes me bias toward thinking everyone would want to come to Florida!  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Bull-Long said:

All great points! We do have some more competition now with FIU and FAU. Scott Frost is also doing a good job it would appear, so I was curious as to your take. I also think my disparaging point of view in relation to Northeast weather (I'm from Pittsburgh), makes me bias toward thinking everyone would want to come to Florida!  

Just like there is a massive drop-off in recruiting talent from uf/fsu to usf, that same drop-off is just as big or bigger from usf to fau/fiu.  They really aren't our competition...and if they are we may as well fold up shop. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Still no word on Kegler. I wonder if his offer was contingent on some of the other linemen not panning out.

4 minutes ago, I Bleed Awesomeness said:

Just like there is a massive drop-off in recruiting talent from uf/fsu to usf, that same drop-off is just as big or bigger from usf to fau/fiu.  They really aren't our competition...and if they are we may as well fold up shop. , w

Histrionically that has indeed been the case, but don't you think that Lane Kiffin and Butch Davis are going to dilute the recruiting pool? 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Still no word on Kegler. I wonder if his offer was contingent on some of the other linemen not panning out.

He's signed, there was just no publicity over it for some reason. I'd expect an announcement in the near future.