• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asst Coaching changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What is happening with TJ Weist.  I still hope we can find a spot for him somewhere, although it's not likely now.

He was at the NC game with some USF players I believe, even on the field. Posted a few tweets. Seems like as of now he is still involved with the program...but I'm no expert. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

He was at the NC game with some USF players I believe, even on the field. Posted a few tweets. Seems like as of now he is still involved with the program...but I'm no expert. 

He's gone and not coming back.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Atlanta Bull said:

Why would Strong want a crap DC? CCS wants to win and he trusts BJM, we need to trust CCS. BJM has shown to be a stud recruiter and recruiting coordinator. CCS will probably give him a shot this year and if he stinks bring in a Co DC. If BJM can get some studs on Def to commit, it should improve his coaching performance. We got no where to go but up on Def, its a great spot for him to start.

Nobody WANTS a crap DC. I'm sure Taggart would have brought a Jim Leavitt type in last year to replace Allen, but since the budget doesn't allow for that, he had to roll the dice on a guy like Woodie. Things should improve with CCS overseeing things, hopefully. I wouldn't expect to see the '85 Bears right off the bat though.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, FarEastBull said:

It's all a mystery until the new staff proves themselves. These guys were fired for losing... I mean with all that talent at Texas and they couldn't beat Kansas.

I agree with you here. Three straight 5-7 seasons, and losing to Kansas for the first time in forever. There's tons of euphoria on this board over the hire of CCS. Don't recall this level of optimism/excitement from any previous hire of ours. He should keep the talent flowing in, but there are enough question marks about Strong that makes me think that us winning the conference next year isn't a slam dunk, and anything less will be disappointing for most. If nothing else, there will be more attention on the program because of Strong. Never a better time to shine than 2017. Will be extremely interesting to see how things unfold.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, emrober5 said:

Wouldn't it be great if we had a local reporter with the scoop on the situation or at least a magic 8-ball 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, 206BULL said:

He's gone and not coming back.

Wtf is a burr? 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Coach Woodie sent out a tweet thanking Bulls community and players for his time here

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I agree with you here. Three straight 5-7 seasons, and losing to Kansas for the first time in forever. There's tons of euphoria on this board over the hire of CCS. Don't recall this level of optimism/excitement from any previous hire of ours. He should keep the talent flowing in, but there are enough question marks about Strong that makes me think that us winning the conference next year isn't a slam dunk, and anything less will be disappointing for most. If nothing else, there will be more attention on the program because of Strong. Never a better time to shine than 2017. Will be extremely interesting to see how things unfold.

This board has been high on Charlie Strong since 2009 when all the Jim Leavitt stuff was playing out. Louisville hired Strong one month before Leavitt was fired. USF was 1-3 against him and many on this board have lamented that we got Kragthorped in more ways than one that day on 11/21/09 against UofL.

People saw CCS success at UF going after FL defensive players, they then saw his success at UofL with a lot of FL kids. I think many give him a pass on UT because of his lack of a previous Texas history and culture. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, usf97 said:

This board has been high on Charlie Strong since 2009 when all the Jim Leavitt stuff was playing out. Louisville hired Strong one month before Leavitt was fired. USF was 1-3 against him and many on this board have lamented that we got Kragthorped in more ways than one that day on 11/21/09 against UofL.

People saw CCS success at UF going after FL defensive players, they then saw his success at UofL with a lot of FL kids. I think many give him a pass on UT because of his lack of a previous Texas history and culture. 

This sums things up perfectly.

I am one of the ones that was very disappointed in our timing.  Losing him to Louisville was the first in a string of bad things that happened for the program that have implications to this day.

I am not saying he was the next Nick Saban but if he came here instead of Louisville they might not have looked so appealing to the ACC depending on who was available and who they hired (maybe even Skippy).

CCS had ties to the area an knew the importance of recruiting and I seriously doubt we would have struggled the way we did under Skip.

There is no going back but he is still a solid hire.  I am willing to give him a mulligan for Texas.