• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Asst Coaching changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Can we all just accept that USF will be good next year, REALLY GOOD! :iconic_u_black:

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Can we all just except that USF will be good next year, REALLY GOOD! :iconic_u_black:

I refuse.  I will only accept it.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

I refuse.  I will only accept it.  

Ugh! Corrected. Typing just to stay active and awake today. Can't wait for Lunch. I'm looking forward to an entire pot of coffee. :facepalm:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Where do you think D coordinators come from?  They're usually position coaches.  We've got a proven HC and an experienced OC.

I have no idea if this guy is any good.  My point was that everyone jumped ugly on Woodie because he didn't have any D C experience.  We're in the same boat now as far as that goes.  I'm not against the hire.  Was just pointing out that we don't know how much, if any, better he is than Woodie.  No experience to look back on.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I have no idea if this guy is any good.  My point was that everyone jumped ugly on Woodie because he didn't have any D C experience.  We're in the same boat now as far as that goes.  I'm not against the hire.  Was just pointing out that we don't know how much, if any, better he is than Woodie.  No experience to look back on.

We can only hope he's more Tom Allen than Raymond Woodie.  The good thing is Strong will have his hands heavily in the defensive scheme and game plans.    

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

10 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

You make a valid point.  However, no hire is a sure thing.  As it stands now, he has to be an upgrade from Woodie don't you think?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We can only hope he's more Tom Allen than Raymond Woodie.  The good thing is Strong will have his hands heavily in the defensive scheme and game plans.    

CWT ran the offense and called the plays.  I did not really care how much experience his OC had.

I would have preferred that Taggart had an experienced DC - which he didn't and perhaps why we struggled.

Strong has a very experienced and accomplished OC and I am glad for that.  I am not concerned over that fact the BJM was not a full blown DC at Texas for the reasons stated above.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

What is happening with TJ Weist.  I still hope we can find a spot for him somewhere, although it's not likely now.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

What is happening with TJ Weist.  I still hope we can find a spot for him somewhere, although it's not likely now.

Agreed, I feel really bad for him but he is a good coach and will land in his feet...just wish it was with USF 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

You make a valid point.  However, no hire is a sure thing.  As it stands now, he has to be an upgrade from Woodie don't you think?

I was told after Woodie was announced last year that, in that person's opinion, he'd be in over his head.  Not a staff member just someone that had some knowledge.  Afraid he may have been right.