• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asst Coaching changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Are strong and the DB coach the only ones with FL connections so far? A little worrisome if that's it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

53 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Are strong and the DB coach the only ones with FL connections so far? A little worrisome if that's it.

Still not over with yet, but it's a little worrisome. I believe if King is retained it will help. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

11 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Still not over with yet, but it's a little worrisome. I believe if King is retained it will help. 

BJM is from Apopka.  Charlie Williams coached for the Bucs for several years under Dungy as well as coaching at Miami in the early 1990's., 

Add King along with Bell and Strong and I would say we have very strong FL ties on staff, with a couple spots still left to fill.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343

4 minutes ago, slowdown said:

BJM is from Apopka.  Charlie Williams coached for the Bucs for several years under Dungy as well as coaching at Miami in the early 1990's., 

Add King along with Bell and Strong and I would say we have very strong FL ties on staff, with a couple spots still left to fill.

BJM is from Apopka, yea, but it doesn't seem like he has recruiting ties here.

I like King, but he seems more known in Tampa than across the state. 

I could very well be wrong about both though...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

BJM was with Strong at UL too right? I know Hurt did most FL recruiting for them butbtgey hit FL hard. I'd imagine BJM has some connections at the least.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

54 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

BJM is from Apopka, yea, but it doesn't seem like he has recruiting ties here.

I like King, but he seems more known in Tampa than across the state. 

I could very well be wrong about both though...

Recruiting is about building relationships. From all accounts BJM has been very successful at this. Coach strong gets him in the door and from there it's his time to shine. 

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

BJM was with Strong at UL too right? I know Hurt did most FL recruiting for them butbtgey hit FL hard. I'd imagine BJM has some connections at the least.

He recruited central Florida for Strong at Louisville and while at Georgia Tech for six years it was part of his responsibility as well.  And he was the recruiting coordinator the last year at Louisville once Hurtt got in trouble.  So he has been recruiting Florida for 10+ years and is from here.   He will be an asset in recruiting and as a coach

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, slowdown said:

He recruited central Florida for Strong at Louisville and while at Georgia Tech for six years it was part of his responsibility as well.  And he was the recruiting coordinator the last year at Louisville once Hurtt got in trouble.  So he has been recruiting Florida for 10+ years and is from here.   He will be an asset in recruiting and as a coach

Thanks, I figured he had to have atleast some recruiting experience in FL but that exceeds my expectations. I know he has also been the Recruiting Coordinator at Texas which he must have carried over from UL. Was already excited to have him on the trail but even more so now! With the first team meeting Sunday I'd imagine the rest of the staff should be announced by then. All signs still pointing to keeping King at QBs which would be huge.

8 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Thanks, I figured he had to have atleast some recruiting experience in FL but that exceeds my expectations. I know he has also been the Recruiting Coordinator at Texas which he must have carried over from UL. Was already excited to have him on the trail but even more so now! With the first team meeting Sunday I'd imagine the rest of the staff should be announced by then. All signs still pointing to keeping King at QBs which would be huge.

Certainly while at those institutions recruiting Florida was only part of his responsibility.  But that along with being a good recruiter in general....he will be fine. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461

What happened with CJ? Too lazy to look through all the pages.