• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

6eda027252f23e5bec7153d789898997.jpg

Get rid of the metal benches so we don't burn our butts off for mid day games and we gotta deal

Gotta have metal bench seating for the majority of the stadium. Uncomfortabliity is a college football tradition ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

I understand it means more butts but think day games and just how hot it will be then think about your steaming hot seat and then look up into the piping hot sun. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I like Doak at FSU. 

Ray Jay also has a real nice layout. Just copying Ray Jay lower bowl , the 100-200 levels, would work for me. 

• Upvote 2

I would also be down for something with a bull shape or a pen shape.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

"Strong says he has spoken with #USF brass about an on-campus stadium. May have won the presser there."

Nice quote from today brought to us by the Times.

Boston College, they play in the ACC just fine, humble 44k stadium:

http://m.imgur.com/anDg1BX?r

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

Let's go 40k...

nicer than UCF (and our tailgates will be better)

keep our home winning % extremely high

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Just thinking/rambling out loud here:

McLane in Waco for Baylor is 45K and looks nice. Houston's is 40K and looks nice. I think the Oregon and Minnesota feats are a bit of a reach.

It needs to look nice but it doesn't need to look like a Taj Majal from the outside, as long as the inside looks good, sounds good, and is packed with fans. If the field looks good and there are people in the stands, it will look good on TV. Throw some nice brick/matching Athletics Village colors on the surrounding field walls (no chain link), and it will look good.

Suites will be there no matter what. Don't need a ton of them, enough for there to be some donor competition to have them. Demand rises, then build more during expansion in a few years.

Club area can be had. Houston and Cincy have them. They don't need to be massively Ray Jay, for they're nice to be havens during ill advised noon games in September, but they're not to be cushy areas to watch the entire game - might as well stay at home on your couch if that's the case.

Seatbacks in some areas. Benches in the rest. You could have some soccer style standing sections for students, but I know 3+ hours of standing is bit longer than 120min of an extra-time soccer match. If you're a season ticket holder in a bench area, they'll put those cushy seat back clip on things in. If you want a wider cushy seat, buy the Club area seatbacks, set aside say, 10K of those along the home team side like Ray Jay has.

Pending the budgets, the overhangs like Oregon or the Rowdies have or how the Dolphins/Canes have now would be nice to help shade some of the home and visitor sides during daytime games.

I'd prefer it to be one bowl to start (leave the upper decks for above 55-60K), but I'm not sure if a single bowl or double decks are better for acoustics. Build it to enhance 40K to sound like 60+K.

Exciting times if this comes to fruition one day. Would love to take kids and friends on campus, tailgate on a part of campus, take a beautiful walk past our scenery with other frothy fans and build tradition to watch the team do their bull stampede into the stadium, etc. Don't know how a live bull would work, perhaps a pen can be built into the stadium even if he gets to chill outside near a main entry gate on the way in.

• Upvote 2