• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

2 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I can, WMU was. The SOS isn't great. Need to have OOC teams do extremely well or have our conference play out of their minds in their own OOC games. This is why it's important to start ranked. Once you're in the "club" you generally don't get voted OUT unless you lose. If you don't start in it, even if you play lights out a G5 will always get passed by a P5 who looks good early on. **** is long until Ole Miss officially fell out of the top 25? One benefit of the strong hire is people are talking, and if the media is talking they will all want to make the sexy USF pick. CCS just needs to deliver.

19 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Still not a reason to build an OCS.

The main reason for OCS is for the college atmosphere. 20k in 42k looks better than 20k in 65k stadium. ESPN wants it so USF most follow. If USF wants to get in P5 then a OCS becomes a necessity they say in Big 12 land. USF needs OCS to show off campus which will bring in tons more donors for the school. This has worked wonders for UCF so USF must follow... !!!!!???

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Here's the thing; if we took the financial burden to the athletic department who here is against an OCS? As in, they would rather play at Ray Jay regardless?

I'm not sure it's that large. Most of us are in contention to an OCS because of the money. Most of those other projects had major donors chipping in for the majority of it or absolutely needed one to keep the football program afloat. The Athletics budget since moving to the AAC isn't great and we are about to lose the annual BE buyout money which will shorten it even more. So does that mean USF takes out a loan to build the stadium in the hopes they make their money back? Im it sure the data on other systems doing that but it seems like a scary risk that could literally hamstring the department and tear down the quality if they can't consisntely bring in quality staff. There's probably what the research is about.... how much money would this cost for "doing it right" coupled with how many private donations could we obtain towards an OCS specifically and would the financial gain be able to pay off the loan in a way that doesn't cripple he department?

My stand on this and the answer to the above question is: I would absolutely love a stadium to call home, however, I'm not willing to throw all of the chips in the middle of the table at the expense of the department. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

The main reason for OCS is for the college atmosphere. 20k in 42k looks better than 20k in 65k stadium. ESPN wants it so USF most follow. If USF wants to get in P5 then a OCS becomes a necessity they say in Big 12 land. USF needs OCS to show off campus which will bring in tons more donors for the school. This has worked wonders for UCF so USF must follow... !!!!!???

i can assure you that if a P5 conference put a condition on our inclusion that we have an OCS, USF would announce it tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Ionbull said:

Here's the thing; if we took the financial burden to the athletic department who here is against an OCS? As in, they would rather play at Ray Jay regardless?

I don't think anyone here is against an OCS.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

i can assure you that if a P5 conference put a condition on our inclusion that we have an OCS, USF would announce it tomorrow.

And if that were the case it would be much less of a frivolous expense than it is today as it would actually bring the athletic department more money instead of hemorrhaging our funds on hopes and dreams.

Edited by 206BULL

8 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Agreed. It is not that simple. The problem with USF not being in P5 and trying to get in is how big does the OCS need to be?? If USF were in P5 I say 50k but since we are not in, I say about 40k. But make it with overhangs that provide shade for the noon games. One of the biggest issues USF has now is RJS for noon games. Half the stadium is right in the sun. Fans hate it

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

The  on campus hotel at USF would benefit from an OCS. On campus Publix will benefit more too. The WOB will have increased sales if the OCS. Seems like a no brainner to get it done 

You forgot the one about dropping my travel time to 5 minutes ....

• Upvote 1

Yes!!! Plus that nice hotel bar on campus will be packed!! Heck!! Even the hotels across Fowler AV will be packed. USF needs to keep winning though. Would like to see USF run together a few seasons of undefeated so that fans jump on bandwagon. Sell the OCS out every game. Become the Boise St of the south east. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Yes!!! Plus that nice hotel bar on campus will be packed!! Heck!! Even the hotels across Fowler AV will be packed. USF needs to keep winning though. Would like to see USF run together a few seasons of undefeated so that fans jump on bandwagon. Sell the OCS out every game. Become the Boise St of the south east. 

Yea im sure an OCS is the only thing keeping the Regency Inn on Fowler and Nebraska from being packed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, psteazy said:

unbelievable how many of you contest the OCS. playing the contrarian.

I don't think anyone here is contesting an ocs, just contesting the notion that's it's a necessity and needs be built now. All us "contrarians" are saying is that if one was a financial improvement over the present situation, it would be in the works.

1 hour ago, psteazy said:

peep CSU's new stadium and tell me that doesn't make your piece tingle.

Absolutely .... and then read this, the stadium's 23 luxury suites sold out quickly , along with the rest of the nearly 2,000-seat inventory of loge boxes and club seating, and the tingle turned to numbness.

• Upvote 1