• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

There are no guarantees in just about any business decision. But you can pretty much guarantee that if nothing changes, nothing will change.

Again, if you are happy with the current state of the program, keep voicing your opinions AGAINST the OCS. That is your prerogative, just like it is mine to keep ringing the bell for an OCS every time this topic comes up.

I believe that people that live around the campus, that are not even alumni or current students, will go to more games. They live in the area, they've grown up around the area. They likely feel a part of the University already. It will breathe new life into the program, the campus and the immediate surrounding areas.

I for one, with my family of 4, will definitely attend more games at an OCS. I like going to the campus. I live in Pinellas County so the drive doesn't make a difference to me either way. 

Every time I go to Ray Jay, I get Club Level tickets, enjoy all of the "first class" amenities and I could not care less. It is NOT a college football environment. It never will be. I want USF Bull games to feel like college football games. College football is a unique product. It is not the NFL. I don't care for the NFL.

I like going to the Swamp. I like going to Doak. I like college campuses. I like college stadiums. I like the college atmosphere. Bulls games at Ray Jay are sterile. 

That's where I think a big misconception the "OCS is a must" crowd comes in. I am not against an OCS in the slightest and i don't think anyone here is fully against one either. I just don't see throwing that much money at something in hopes that it is for the better. People say "an OCS will increase attendance" , "the tailgate at an OCS is way better" , "other schools will respect us more if we have an OCS" and "USF will bring in more revenue with an OCS".

If all that is true than great I'm all for an OCS the problem is I don't have facts that state any of the above is true. I can see things that make me believe a majority of the standard we need an OCS talking points are not at all a reality and that is where my stance against one at this time comes from. I view an OCS the same way I view most things and that is I w/o up rather make an educated guess than blindly believe in something and until the are facts that can show me the benefits out way the costs than I am opposed. Same thing with religion I am Agnostic not Athiest because I am open to religion but not with out facts.

You are entitled to your steadfast desire in an OCS and that is fine, I hope to one day be on the side of wanting an OCS but that day is not today. And as for the local (around USF) community is concerned I'm not sure an OCS is getting more people from Suit Case City needs to be a priority(the area around campus maybe has changed as I have not been back to FL since I moved away in 09). 

Also before someone mentions it's not my money so I shouldn't care how much the OCS costs I would simply say that as a donor for almost 10 years and a season ticket holder for just as long(winter 08 Alum) it is my money Nd I'd rather see the university spend my hard earned money I donate towards something more pressing which even in the football world includes an IPF before we get an OCS. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

we should do a feasibility study on the subject 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

On December 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM, charsibb said:

For this generation of students, who grew up glued to a computer or TV screen, live action isn't nearly as enjoyable as what they can see on their screen. Participation sports track down as strongly as X-Box sports track up

Our 23 and 25 year ld sons grew up with computers and every game system known to man- still have and use Xbox 360 and Xbox one and the new WE system constantly.  they go to all the home games and some away games, have been to most of the bowl games and constantly search for new gear and know all of the players in most of the sports.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

39 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

we should do a feasibility study on the subject 

That's a great idea. Someone should tweet that to Harlan and see what he thinks

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

What if we convince the Bucs to move on campus????  Problem solved.

Hold the phone!  Why don't they just feed the mayonnaise directly to the tuna???

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

There are no guarantees in just about any business decision. But you can pretty much guarantee that if nothing changes, nothing will change.

Again, if you are happy with the current state of the program, keep voicing your opinions AGAINST the OCS. That is your prerogative, just like it is mine to keep ringing the bell for an OCS every time this topic comes up.

I believe that people that live around the campus, that are not even alumni or current students, will go to more games. They live in the area, they've grown up around the area. They likely feel a part of the University already. It will breathe new life into the program, the campus and the immediate surrounding areas.

I for one, with my family of 4, will definitely attend more games at an OCS. I like going to the campus. I live in Pinellas County so the drive doesn't make a difference to me either way. 

Every time I go to Ray Jay, I get Club Level tickets, enjoy all of the "first class" amenities and I could not care less. It is NOT a college football environment. It never will be. I want USF Bull games to feel like college football games. College football is a unique product. It is not the NFL. I don't care for the NFL.

I like going to the Swamp. I like going to Doak. I like college campuses. I like college stadiums. I like the college atmosphere. Bulls games at Ray Jay are sterile. 

Preach on brother

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This entire thread should be terminated by the opposing attornies objecting due to speculation.

Objection Your Honor 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

We will have OCS if all businesses to be closed during game day only. LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

12 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

Again, if you are happy with the current state of the program, keep voicing your opinions AGAINST the OCS.

Coming off an 11 win season, just hired the perfect fit, on paper, for the program .... yeah, I'm pretty happy with the current state. And I'm not AGAINST an OCS, just against the zealots who think one is needed for the program to get to the next level.

12 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

If there were a ton of people like you that don't attend games because they ARE at RayJay (which I think is shameful for a USF alumnus, btw) there would have been some serious noise about an ocs long before now.