• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

We can't worry about that right now.

We should, which is why I think bringing Larry Scott into this new staff is an absolute must.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm said:

We should, which is why I think bringing Larry Scott into this new staff is an absolute must.

Head coach in waiting rarely works out

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Let's all remember, CCS is not young.  There were reports that he was looking for his final job (I know, it's probably just coach speak).  Also, there were other reports that the delay was due to the fact that he wanted to make sure that USF was fully committed to the program.

Now, I'm not saying this will keep him here until he retires, but it is something to think about.

Again, it's too **** early to worry about him leaving.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Now that it appears our U ponied up for a good coach, lets pony up and get some butts in the stands, donate to the University and its athletic department, and buy bowl tickets even if you can't attend.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/univsouthflorida/EN/buy/quickbuy/315

:guinness:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

8 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

Larry Scott could be a terrible OC and/or their might just be another obvious slam dunk hire available if and when Strong left.  

And their is nothing to suggest that a successful Larry Scott would be a lifer here either, especially under the current conference alignment. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Brad,

USF Director of Athletics Mark Harlan announced on Sunday the appointment of Charlie Strong as the fourth head coach in USF Football program history (click HERE for the full story).

A two-time Big East Coach of the Year and a vital part of two national championships at the University of Florida, Strong served head coaching stints at the University of Texas (2014-16) and the University of Louisville (2010-13). Overall, in his 34 seasons as a collegiate coach, Strong spent 15 seasons working in the state of Florida.

"I would like to thank President Genshaft and Mark Harlan for their confidence and belief in me," Strong said. "I am humbled that we have a shared commitment to take this university and this football program to even greater heights. Some of the best football talent in the country is right here in the Bay Area and throughout the state of Florida, and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to work with the young men in the USF Football program and build on the strong foundation already in place."

After posting program records with 10 regular season wins and seven conference victories in 2016, the #22 Bulls will take on South Carolina in the Birmingham Bowl on December 29th (click HERE to request tickets). As a reminder, the priority deadline to request bowl game tickets is Monday, December 12th at 11:59pm.

Thank you for your continued support of USF Athletics and Go Bulls!

BULLS-UNITE-signature-web

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Tom was on it and either knew or had enough to come to a reasonable conclusion (I know some will argue incessantly that I can't know that he absolutely knew):

Most importantly he got off his butt and did some real reporting work staking out the plane in person.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm said:

As great as today is, hypothetically, lets say Florida and McElwain split (for whatever reason) sometime over the next 1-3 years... Assuming Charlie is successful here, he will be off to Gainesville without hesitation.

That will not make me root for the Gators.

• Upvote 1