• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Uh oh if true... Don't be stubborn, man. Keep the offensive coaches we already have in place. I don't want Texas's offensive coaches...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799

5 minutes ago, ajusf16 said:

I said yesterday out by noon and Harlan hits right at noon. My intel was solid. 

I gave you hard time and you have earned your credibility as areliable source.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

1 minute ago, Sipher said:

Uh oh if true... Don't be stubborn, man. Keep the offensive coaches we already have in place. I don't want Texas's offensive coaches...

Texas's offense was 19th in yards this year.  I dare say they did not have the dominant player personnel we did either.  It's not like they are inept.  It's also not a given that Taggart won't be taking one or more members of our staff, I'm pretty open to some of their staff coming, just depending on how things work out. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Sipher said:

Gilbert runs the spread 

7 minutes ago, slowdown said:

Texas's offense was 19th in yards this year.  I dare say they did not have the dominant player personnel we did either.  It's not like they are inept.  It's also not a given that Taggart won't be taking one or more members of our staff, I'm pretty open to some of their staff coming, just depending on how things work out. 

There's been a lot of complaints about Sterlin Gilbert's play calling specifically. I shouldn't have made my statement so generic. I would rather keep T.J. Weist and/or David Reaves over Sterlin Gilbert.

Then again, those guys haven't had a chance to play call here at USF. So I will go ahead and shut up and reserve judgement. I'm still very happy about the Charlie Strong hire!! :D

Edited by Sipher

Ohhhhh that's very interesting news! 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

2 minutes ago, Sipher said:

There's been a lot of complaints about Sterlin Gilbert's play calling specifically. I shouldn't have made my statement so generic. I would rather keep T.J. Weist and/or David Reaves over Sterlin Gilbert.

Meh...I would say that CWT play calling was not all that great. When we played good teams that we couldn't out talent.

I would agree that one complaint that I heard about Strong's time in Texas that he was changing his system over the three years. In fact that sounds very familiar to what CWT did at USF, only he had an extra year to get it right. I am not overly concerned with this. Many think that CCS was almost there even at Texas and that Herman will be successful bc of this next year.