• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC is terribly situated in college football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

35 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

This is the only way it should go.  8 teams and no "auto bid" for the G5.  A #17 Western Michigan doesn't deserve to make the playoffs over the #8 ranked team.  

Western Michigan is undefeated with two wins over P5 schools.  Since the rankings are subjective, they certainly deserve a shot.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

So schedule cupcakes for OOC games?

That's fine... it gives the G5 a greater chance to schedule tough teams... Think about it...

It doesn't help you with the 2 wild card spots though

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

ESPN needs to provide Coach theft insurance since the teams they giving the most to keep stealing from us.  Schools can own people right?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

We have been spoiled with only 3 coaches in 20 years. Cincinnati has been a coach feeder for years. Tuberville seemed to be a another solid hire but the streak ended.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, usfbullrider said:

ESPN needs to provide Coach theft insurance since the teams they giving the most to keep stealing from us.  Schools can own people right?

There is such a thing as "coach theft insurance" - it's called "losing"

Filed under: Be careful for what you wish...

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

So we can show WT that he never should have left? That sure would be sweet.

Maybe he likes the weather. 10 day forecast, high of 46 and 1 day, MAYBE some sun. Every other day is either rain or snow.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

The AAC has gained national respect and is the most coveted conference for young coaches to make their mark and athletes like Flowers that want to prove they can play QB. I'd argue that it has some of the hardest working players/coaches b/c they're on the outside looking in and have to be nearly perfect to get a chance at the NC.

It's totally not fair to the coaches/players that they have to be perfect to even get a chance, but in a way this has made the AAC a consistently strong conference in some very fertile football player rich areas of the USA. The AAC is doing more with less than the P5, which makes the current P5 system that much more disgusting. I'm pulling for all AAC teams this bowl season.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, pmcbri2 said:

The AAC has gained national respect and is the most coveted conference for young coaches to make their mark and athletes like Flowers that want to prove they can play QB. I'd argue that it has some of the hardest working players/coaches b/c they're on the outside looking in and have to be nearly perfect to get a chance at the NC.

It's totally not fair to the coaches/players that they have to be perfect to even get a chance, but in a way this has made the AAC a consistently strong conference in some very fertile football player rich areas of the USA. The AAC is doing more with less than the P5, which makes the current P5 system that much more disgusting. I'm pulling for all AAC teams this bowl season.

It's definitely the place for coaches to make a name for themselves to advance their careers. Holtz got a shot and struck out. Taggart hit a home run.  Kiffin is taking another swing. It's the league for people who can't get their foot in the door... like the YouTube of coaching, where stars are discovered. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

30 minutes ago, pmcbri2 said:

Spot on!

I am hoping that Aresco can negotiate a much strong media contract

This conference is worth MUCH more than it is receiving

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

In the college football Hunger Games, the P5 is the Capitol and we are District 1.