• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#NeverSchiano

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

14 hours ago, CPR said:

What if he went 14-0?

^

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Taking a HC with baggage, like UCF did with GOL...

... could be interesting

(I can't read that news article, due to pop up blockers)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Present one link, based on hearsay, ignore the one where Schiano and Todd Bradley both state it's not true.

Sorry, I'm not going to just assume he knew and let this go because a guy who really knew and let it go (McQueary) says so.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bear said:

Taking a HC with baggage, like UCF did with GOL...

... could be interesting

(I can't read that news article, due to pop up blockers)

Pertinent Info:

Former Penn State assistant coaches Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley knew that Jerry Sandusky, their colleague on Joe Paterno’s football staff, was acting improperly with young boys years before law-enforcement authorities were first notified, according to testimony from former Penn State assistant Mike McQueary that was unsealed Tuesday by a Philadelphia court.

McQueary, who testified in Sandusky’s 2012 criminal case that he had told Paterno of seeing Sandusky **** a boy in 2001, said in the 2015 deposition that he had “briefly” discussed with Bradley what he had seen.

“He said another assistant coach had come to him in the early ’90s about a very similar situation to mine, and he said that he had — someone had come to him as far back as early as the ’80s about seeing Jerry Sandusky doing something with a boy,” McQueary said.

[Joe Paterno knew of abuse in 1976, according to unsealed testimony]

According to McQueary, Bradley identified Schiano, now the Ohio State defensive coordinator, as the other assistant. In response to a question about whether Bradley had shared details of what Schiano had said, McQueary related a conversation with Bradley.

“No,” McQueary replied, according to the documents, “only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Present one link, based on hearsay, ignore the one where Schiano and Todd Bradley both state it's not true.

Sorry, I'm not going to just assume he knew and let this go because a guy who really knew and let it go (McQueary) says so.

Yup, he's just lying under oath for no reason.  Got it.  

Either way I don't want anybody that's implicated in that mess here and when you add it in with his history with USF and the Bay Area #NeverSchiano.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

You are not wrong...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, while I appreciate Mr. Schiano's interest in the position, USF is, in order to maintain our competitive position in an ever fluid global market, going in another direction. While some may view this as a hardship, and we empathize with the short term pain involved in these sorts of decisions, we feel it is best for the organization if we pursue other opportunities at this point in time. I would like to thank Mr. Schiano for his interest in this position and assure him that we will keep him in mind should other possibilities avail themselves down the road.

Now...call security and make sure he doesn't scoot past any of the entrances to the campus.

Edited by WoolyBully

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Everyone should relax there is no way gap tooth becomes our coach...zero ******* chance. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I have been a season ticket holder from day 1, and I can't stand the thought of Schiano being the coach of my beloved Bulls team.  I would even have to think twice about renewing my season tickets while he is our "leader" on and off the field.

We have so many other choices that it would make absolutely no sense to hire him, or even interview him for that matter.   

Go Bulls!