• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Realistic Coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

Larry Scott, why not???

He does have some head coaching... Interim at Miami (who almost hired him).  If we don't move on him now, he will be a head coach in the next few years and work his way up from there. He has great recruiting skills and knows the game. He is a amazing leader and knows everyone in Tampa.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

40 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

year 3 lost to Kansas among others. that's why he was fired.

Starting a freshman QB and dozen other freshmen and sophomores to replace the crap Mack Brown left at Texas.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Kiffin-Miles-Strong

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I can't see Kiffin or Schiano being offered.  I think it would be a perfect opportunity for strong.  He still gets his $10.7 million UT buyout minus 50% of his new salary, a chance to rebuild his reputation with a team that already has some talent.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I would like Allen if he is still a DC

You mean Tom Allen? Indiana head coach?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Starting a freshman QB and dozen other freshmen and sophomores to replace the crap Mack Brown left at Texas.

Mack Brown went 8-5 his last year. 7-2 in the big 12

He had 1 losing season in 16 years.

Strong had 3 losing seasons in 3 years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Mack Brown went 8-5 his last year. 7-2 in the big 12

He had 1 losing season in 16 years.

Strong had 3 losing seasons in 3 years.

We can go back and forth on this, but the majority of the experts agree that Mack Brown left the program in rough shape. In fact there were what? 5-6 coaches who said no to the job before Strong took it? Strong then spent the first year dropping all the crap, and then the next two year rebuilding it.

Was this year bad? Absolutely, but the guy is a good coach and would be a good hire. You can't ignore what he did at UL.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, Joe said:

We can go back and forth on this, but the majority of the experts agree that Mack Brown left the program in rough shape. In fact there were what? 5-6 coaches who said no to the job before Strong took it? Strong then spent the first year dropping all the crap, and then the next two year rebuilding it.

Was this year bad? Absolutely, but the guy is a good coach and would be a good hire. You can't ignore what he did at UL.

To coach in Texas it is almost a necessity to have Texas ties. This is going to be the struggle for Rhule as it was for Strong. Mack left the cupboard bare and Strong could never effectively rebuild. I think Strong would do much better in Florida and would stay here for at least 3 seasons. i take Strong over Kiffin every time. 

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Leavittbullguy said:

Charlie Strong is not coming to USF

If Strong had been successful at UT I would agree with you, but now he's a rebuild and it's possible. It's not a sure-in no-brainer. But it's possible.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I can ignore what he did at UofL. He cheated. He hired Clint hurtt who was on the verge of sanctions for his troubles at Miami. Funny how Bridgewater and the boys then switched to UofL after Hurtt was hired. Eventually of course hurtt was given a show cause while at UofL and bridgewater and the boys were also under the spotlight for those recruiting violations.

He would be a terrible hire. Going 5-7 and losing to Kansas in your third year at Texas is beyond bad. Can't use that Mack brown excuse anymore. a defense that ranked 95th this year and 106th the year before tells me he was lost. heck he had them at 25th his first year.