• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Larry Scott could be a great hire also. As long as he keeps offense the same and gets a solid DC it's sort of hard to screw up I think.

We know the guy can recruit well also. Plus he would bring a passion that a older Strong might not. Plus he would have a real desire to beat UCF.

I could see them going Scott and he could stick around for awhile. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Got to be Scott. Bring that man home! 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

One man's retread is another man's viable coach who ran into a bad fit.

Maybe but just bc you have experience doesn't mean you wouldn't be successful here.

I certainly can appreciate that both Strong and Miles don't run a spread run first offense but we have those pieces in place if they decide to use them. If I am Harlan I make sure to express our desire to continue down the spread based O. Heck he can even insist we keep much of the O coaching unit intact. I honestly don't think Miles or Strong would come here and try to go to a pro-set. They are smart coaches.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

Tweet from Lincoln RIley

Maybe just a recruiting visit but notice South Florida in CAPs.

I've noticed many say "South Florida" when referring to the region.  South Florida is only a proper noun when talking about our university.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Are there any ex COY's out there, toiling away in the anonymity of an NFL assistant coach because of some creative writing on a resume? If so, a serious look is warranted ...

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Maybe but just bc you have experience doesn't mean you wouldn't be successful here.

I certainly can appreciate that both Strong and Miles don't run a spread run first offense but we have those pieces in place if they decide to use them. If I am Harlan I make sure to express our desire to continue down the spread based O. Heck he can even insist we keep much of the O coaching unit intact. I honestly don't think Miles or Strong would come here and try to go to a pro-set. They are smart coaches.

Don't think Miles is even considering coming here, but his LSU teams were almost always offensively challenged.  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Experience is good, myself I'd consider a retread someone who has failed multiple times at the level above or the current level. I don't consider Strong or Miles to be there yet. I'm not even sure I consider Miles a failure at all except not meeting insane expectations.

I'd probably have considered O'Leary to be a retread, but somehow that got a Fiesta Bowl win.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Why does Bisaacias name always seem to pop up? He has never coached anything other thanvspecial teams?

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

1. Strong

2. Scott

3. Kiffen 

• Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

Why does Bisaacias name always seem to pop up? He has never coached anything other thanvspecial teams?

Because he has compromising photographs of Steve Duemig and Derrick Brooks.

• Upvote 1