• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Birmingham Bus vs. Plane

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

Thought this warranted its own thread. 

Flight options as of December 4th:

Flight options direct from Tampa: Southwest, limited and pricey leaving Wednesday and coming back Friday. If you're flexible on dates and want to extend your trip: leave Tuesday and come back Saturday. This is a bit long for my taste:

Flight options direct from Orlando: Southwest, a couple options with good prices leaving Wednesday and coming back Friday. 

What are the expectations for a bus from Tampa? How much would this likely cost?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565

51 minutes ago, willia33 said:

Thought this warranted its own thread. 

Flight options as of December 4th:

Flight options direct from Tampa: Southwest, limited and pricey leaving Wednesday and coming back Friday. If you're flexible on dates and want to extend your trip: leave Tuesday and come back Saturday. This is a bit long for my taste:

Flight options direct from Orlando: Southwest, a couple options with good prices leaving Wednesday and coming back Friday. 

What are the expectations for a bus from Tampa? How much would this likely cost?

About 150 on Greyhound last night; not sure now, though. Waiting to see if USF will offer a package.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726

I'm driving from Miami, stopping through orlando.  Not coming back, continuing up north back to NYC after the Bowl.  It'll cost me a few tanks of gas.  So, $80 or less.  

This is honestly the best idea.  Road tripping it is the BEST way.  Rent a car put up your BULLS FLAGS and ROAD TRIP.  lol

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

I am flying on American through Charlotte coming and going from Tampa, leaving here around 10:30am Wednesday and getting to BHM around 2:30.  Going back, I'm leaving on the 7pm flight on gameday, figuring there will be enough time for a little celebration (hopefully) before heading to the airport.

If anyone wants to share a ride around those times, let me know.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We're flying to ATL Dec. 29th early in the morning and picking up a rental car to drive to B-ham. We come back to Tampa the same night after the bowl game. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Any airport tips from folks that have flown into ATL and grabbed a rental car there? Anything to help save time and get out as quickly as possible is appreciated.