• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer Alyssa Rader

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

A very good WBB transfer, Alyssa Rader (Norther Arizona U) coming to USF in December.

Read her Bio: http://nauathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2015-16/bios/rader_alyssa_i0dx

1.  Pinned Tweet

So incredibly blessed to continue my basketball career and education at the University of South Florida! Go Bulls

CsvOVy8UAAEGWqZ.jpg

0 replies6 retweets34 likes

CONGRATS TO ALYSSA RADER @ARader54. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME!

CwBg2VWUkAE-WC_.jpg

Alyssa Rader
54 Alyssa Rader
Height: 6-2
Year: Fr.-HS
Hometown: Thornton, Colo.
High School: Horizon
Position: C
GP29
PTS/G14.5
FG %39.0
3PT %36.7
FT %63.0
REB/G8.8
A/G2.8

Academic Notes: Major is undeclared...Golden Eagle Scholar-Athlete Award recipient in 2016.

Career Notes: Second in program history in rebounds per game (8.8).

2015-16 (Freshman): Big Sky Conference Outstanding Freshman...NAU's Female Newcomer of the Year...Appeared in 29 games with 28 starts...Averaged 14.5 points, 8.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.0 blocks per game...Led team in scoring, rebounding, assists and blocks...Led the Big Sky, and ranked 38th nationally, with 13 double-doubles...Ranked ninth in the Big Sky in scoring and third in rebounding...Averaged 14.3 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game in conference play...Scored in double-figures in 21 games and had eight 20-point games, both of which led the team...Led the team with 15 games with double-digit rebounds and seven games with at least five assists...Averaged 17.1 points, 8.9 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.4 blocks per game in final 11 games of the season...Posted 20 or more points in six of last 11 games...Scored game-winning basket vs. Idaho State...Recorded season-high 27 points at Colorado...Posted season-high 17 rebounds vs. Sacramento State...Posted season-high nine assists at Weber State...Recorded season-highs of five blocks vs. Montana and two steals in six games...Totaled 256 rebounds, the third-highest season total in school history, and averaged 8.8 rebounds per game, the sixth-highest season average in school history...Led team with 92 free throws made and 146 free throws attempted, tied for eighth-highest season total in school history...Made 18 three-pointers...Shot .390 from the field, .367 on three-pointers and .630 from the free throw line...Played 40 or more minutes in two games...Averaged 29.6 minutes per game...Totaled 420 points, 256 rebounds, 80 assists, 21 steals and 28 blocks.

High School: Four-year letterwinner, three-year starter and two-year team captain in basketball at Horizon HS...Ranked as No. 143 player in national Class of 2015 by Dan Olson's Collegiate Girls Basketball Report...Third Team Colorado Class 5A All-State in 2015...All-State Honorable Mention in 2014...Two-time First Team All-Conference...Averaged 17.6 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.1 blocks per game as a senior...Averaged 16.8 points, 11.6 rebounds, 2.0 blocks per game as a junior...Team was league champions in 2012 and reached Elite Eight in 2013...Named 2015 Nike Tournament of Champions All-Tournament MVP...Three-year player in Battle of the Rockies All-Star game...Competed at 2015 USA Basketball 3x3 U18 National Tournament with Colorado Elite Blue team...Also played for Colorado Elite AAU team...3.67 high school GPA...Ranked in top 15 percent of high school class.

Personal: Alyssa Mary Rader was born Sept. 15, 1997 in Greeley, Colo....Daughter of Joe and Traci Rader...One sister, Kaylie...Sister, Kaylie, currently plays basketball at Regis College...Mother, Traci, swam at Denver University...Enjoys anything sports and physical activities related...Most memorable athletic moment was playing her last game with her sister in 2013 in Elite Eight...Chose NAU because of the coaches, players, city and school environment.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

Can she play this year or does she sit for a year?

1 hour ago, BAMABULL said:

I'm not sure. However, I think she has to sit out a year being an undergraduate transfer. As such, she will be able to practice with the team when she is added to the roster in December.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

CJF is killin it!

Welcome to USF Alyssa!!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, BAMABULL said:

As an FCS transfer I don't believe she will need to sit a year although I could be wrong. I know in football there are players that transfer up and play right away (don't know if those are as grad transfers though) most recent that comes to mind is Vernon Adams from EWU to Oregon who transferred for his senior year.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

33 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

As an FCS transfer I don't believe she will need to sit a year although I could be wrong. I know in football there are players that transfer up and play right away (don't know if those are as grad transfers though) most recent that comes to mind is Vernon Adams from EWU to Oregon who transferred for his senior year.

In basketball there is no FCS. Just 300+ Division I teams. If her school is a Division I, then she sits a year, if not she can play right away. Unless she gets a hardship waiver, allowing her to play right away. 

I am wondering if she is a walk on or gets a scholarship (no knowledge, just wondering). 

18 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

In basketball there is no FCS. Just 300+ Division I teams. If her school is a Division I, then she sits a year, if not she can play right away. Unless she gets a hardship waiver, allowing her to play right away. 

I am wondering if she is a walk on or gets a scholarship (no knowledge, just wondering). 

She will be on scholarship. She is a "quality" transfer.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

What is a "quality" transfer?