• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Content Count:  9,733
  • Days Won:  9

Weird stat I just noticed from last year's game, QF had 12 completions...only 1 of those were caught by a wideout or tight end.  Adams, Dillon, Price and Bronson were all shut out.  Chris Barr was the only WR to catch a pass.  Also USF didn't run the jet sweep or WR screens.  Couldn't believe that when I just viewed that game.  

Defensively after Auggie got kicked out our LBs were Nick Holman, CJ Garye, and a very young Danny Thomas.  BTW that Auggie targeting call was bad, appeared to be a good hit, but definitely a bad penalty taken on the late hit.  FSU went on to score 17 after he was ejected.    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,210
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, JoeB said:

Weird stat I just noticed from last year's game, QF had 12 completions...only 1 of those were caught by a wideout or tight end.  Adams, Dillon, Price and Bronson were all shut out.  Chris Barr was the only WR to catch a pass.  Also USF didn't run the jet sweep or WR screens.  Couldn't believe that when I just viewed that game.  

Defensively after Auggie got kicked out our LBs were Nick Holman, CJ Garye, and a very young Danny Thomas.  BTW that Auggie targeting call was bad, appeared to be a good hit, but definitely a bad penalty taken on the late hit.  FSU went on to score 17 after he was ejected.    

Yeah I noticed that when I rewatched that game. This is where I think having Rodney in the slot as well as MVS outside will help. They can't lineup their #1 corner on Rodney and focus on him. I also think the TE are going to be a big help this year. Price was reliable, but it seems as if Dillon/Wilcox have a little more big play ability. They have been open a few times this year we just haven't connected efficiently. Definitely more firepower this year 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

CWT hadn't opened up the offense yet when we played them last year. I do think I remember a couple of drops on deepish balls though. Could be mistaken, just feel like we took 1-2 shots and the balls were dropped. Also think QF was amped up and missed several throws. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  957
  • Content Count:  9,733
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

CWT hadn't opened up the offense yet when we played them last year. I do think I remember a couple of drops on deepish balls though. Could be mistaken, just feel like we took 1-2 shots and the balls were dropped. Also think QF was amped up and missed several throws. 

#88 (Aikens) dropped a ball,  Adams did also on the last drive when it was over.  Dillon did as well, but that was the very last play where he got thumped.  The other deep balls where overthrown.  He had 4 completions on that last drive during junk time or he doesn't get to 50%.  Definitely before QF grasped the offense and we opened it up.  We'll need to hit those deep seem routes in this game to keep the FSU D honest.  It will help our run game tremendously.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

USF was a very different team compared to the 2nd half of the season team.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Almost have to throw away what USF looked liked games 1-4. CWT opened up the playbook an drew I feel like the offense was learning what worked and what didn't with which personnel through the year. Temple was the culmination of that and Cincy/C. Florida was the climax. They have been firing on all cylinders, save for a few bad drives in the IRS three games. FSU knows what's coming, but the question is can they stop it. Everyone is just kind of assuming "FSU has better athletes so they will shut down an inferior opponent;" I've honestly been one of those for a bit. But maybe this offense is actually really really good. We will find out in less than 24!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,119
  • Days Won:  2

If we played FSU before Louisville I have no doubt we win.  Fsu is going to be more prepared but I think we can still win.  Flowers has to get sharper though.

• Upvote 1