• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We added a Home and Home with...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

57 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Retraction? Although you might be right,  they could be ranked anywhere from #2 to #6. 

Strong comeback no doubt.  UC really blew it too (not taking anything away from UH defense).  Voters who watched the game seeing Houston down 4 points in the 4th quarter might question the quality of Houston though.  I hope not, I'd like them to be ranked as high as possible when we beat them in the CCG.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I promise a win versus 10-2 CMU will help our SOS more than a win versus 2-10 Kansas will. Neither win provides cachet but one will help something like a ranking. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

All-time record 590–388–37 (.600)
Bowl record 3–6 (.333)
Claimed nat'l titles 1 (1974) (Division II)
Conference titles 16
Division titles 3

This is not a bad football program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Michigan_Chippewas_football

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I'm always amused by people posting Vegas odds like they actually represent who the experts think will win. ITT: People who do not understand gambling.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

I'm always amused by people posting Vegas odds like they actually represent who the experts think will win. ITT: People who do not understand gambling.

It's definitely an uphill battle for those inclined to try to get some message board folks to understand this.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

23 hours ago, Danm1983 said:

Grand Rapids is a pretty cool town, some good breweries up there. I'd probably try to fly into Lansing and rental it. 

Flights into Lansing get a little steep sometimes, but it's definitely the most convenient airport to fly into, if you're heading to Mt. Pleasant.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

You miss the point of the posting of the Vegas odds. I posted them in response to the attack on Houston's performance and the perception that the voters might have with regard to Houston's performance in the game. I know the betting odds represent Vegas's attempt to get even money bet on both sides of the game, but it also illustrates public perception of each team's strength/weakness. Clearly, the betting public felt that this game would be decided by 2 scores. It would stand to reason that the voters would have a similar perception. I hope this clears up your ignorance over my use of the Vegas line in this instance. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, WWMJD said:

But it is funny how often they are **** close to the way a game ends up ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Our scheduling goals for the near future are going to be, 2 P5 games, 1 G5 game, 1 FCS game.  We have to give the home and homes to the other G5 schools because we can't afford to just buy a home game.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

You miss the point of the posting of the Vegas odds. I posted them in response to the attack on Houston's performance and the perception that the voters might have with regard to Houston's performance in the game. I know the betting odds represent Vegas's attempt to get even money bet on both sides of the game, but it also illustrates public perception of each team's strength/weakness. Clearly, the betting public felt that this game would be decided by 2 scores. It would stand to reason that the voters would have a similar perception. I hope this clears up your ignorance over my use of the Vegas line in this instance. 

My comment was as much directed toward early use of lines in the thread (which may have been you also), than your more recent usage. Nevertheless, the betting public is generally dumb, so, yeah.