• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We added a Home and Home with...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

What name recognition does Kansas carry in football? CMU is the right add, P5 schools don't even play four P5's out of conference. CMU is good program and obviously a great football team. I mean they did just knocked off a highly ranked B12 team on the road. I think Kansas also lost to a MAC team as well! #maction

Nobody is saying CMU is not a good team. I fully accept that premise. In fact, my entire position is based on that point - they could very well beat us. Also not saying that we should play "four P5's out of conference." Just that when we play a low-prestige program, it should be one that we are sure we can beat.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

Not saying you're wrong, but that should not be the case.

Why should it not be the case. We do not have ONE 10 win season in our history. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

5 hours ago, WWMJD said:

Nobody is looking back at our schedule for the year and saying "they beat CMU, alright." We just disagree that people think CMU > Kansas. I think that is true only in the minds of a very few. For the vast majority of people looking back at a season's schedule, I believe a bottom feeder P5 school would still be looked at as a better W on the schedule than a no-name school (let's face it, CMU is that), even one who is having a reasonably good season. Name recognition matters in CFB. We can believe it doesn't, but that doesn't make it true.

I agree, and it would CERTAINLY draw bigger home crowds.  No offense to the Chippawas, but the Jayhawks are the bigger draw. 

Edited by Sellular1

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

It fits in with our "new" scheduling philosophy. 2 -  P5 teams (whenever possible), 1 - G5, 1 - 1-AA (they will never be FBS to me). Ever since the Big East fell apart, we have been trying to adhere to this scheduling philosophy. 

Unfortunately, next season's schedule is so terribly weak that it might cost us a shot at playing in the CFP (assuming a great performance this season). A OOC schedule consisting of Stony Brook, San Jose State, UMASS, and Illinois just isn't going to move the needle. We do get Houston as a conference game and then possibly again in the AACCG, but we would have to be in the top 10 in the preseason in order to have a shot at the CFP. 

Out future scheduling looks pretty solid, with the exception of 2017. http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=611637 

"That it might cost us a shot at playing in the CFP":roflmao:

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Comparing us scheduling CMU to UF scheduling us is a great example of why it's been so hard to build this fanbase ... People, or animals, crapping on this series just don't get it.

You should step off your Holy Than Thou soapbox.  I guess you would rather us just play FIU, FAU, Stetson, Bethune Cookman, and Florida A&M every season so we can "build our fan base".  it's an OK home & home with CMU, just like with NIU...  Nobody is going to give a crap about the matchup however.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

8 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

"That it might cost us a shot at playing in the CFP":roflmao:

Laugh all you want, but we could easily be positioned like Houston was to start this season. Say we lose to FSU close, but win out, including the AACCG and a NY6 bowl, finishing ranked in the top 10 and returning 20 out of 24 starters between offense, defense, and special teams. Houston was in the same position last season. Do you not think that Houston has a chance to play in the CFP this year? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

Just that when we play a low-prestige program, it should be one that we are sure we can beat.

Like McNeese State ....  ;)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, Triple B said:

Like McNeese State ....  ;)

Precisely.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

15 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

You should step off your Holy Than Thou soapbox.

Those on thee soapbox are thy ones looking down thy noses at CMU ...