Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure to draw hundreds of fans.

Comparing us scheduling CMU to UF scheduling us is a great example of why it's been so hard to build this fanbase ... People, or animals, crapping on this series just don't get it.

21 minutes ago, bulls phanatic said:

CMU is a solid football program in the MAC and they have upset football teams before (OK state, Michigan State). This team is no slouch

Exactly, just like NIU it's a good program. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

This is a fine game.  Nothing wrong with it.  As long as it doesn't replace a power program, there's nothing wrong with playing a secondary team now and then.  They are pretty good, too.

It fits in with our "new" scheduling philosophy. 2 -  P5 teams (whenever possible), 1 - G5, 1 - 1-AA (they will never be FBS to me). Ever since the Big East fell apart, we have been trying to adhere to this scheduling philosophy. 

Unfortunately, next season's schedule is so terribly weak that it might cost us a shot at playing in the CFP (assuming a great performance this season). A OOC schedule consisting of Stony Brook, San Jose State, UMASS, and Illinois just isn't going to move the needle. We do get Houston as a conference game and then possibly again in the AACCG, but we would have to be in the top 10 in the preseason in order to have a shot at the CFP. 

Out future scheduling looks pretty solid, with the exception of 2017. http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=611637 

2 hours ago, WWMJD said:

The argument is even more true now than it was 5 years ago. Hell, some of the conferences are even instituting rules to make it a formal policy.

Then I suppose we shouldn't be playing Syracuse this weekend. We're favored by 14 so we have nothing to gain by playing them. We either play all conference games or we play a team that is ranked higher than we are EVERY week. Otherwise it's a no win situation.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Then I suppose we shouldn't be playing Syracuse this weekend. We're favored by 14 so we have nothing to gain by playing them. We either play all conference games or we play a team that is ranked higher than we are EVERY week. Otherwise it's a no win situation.

Did you read the posts I made? My entire point is that I would rather play a crappy P5 team than a G5 team that gets little respect but still has an OK shot to beat us. So I love the fact that we are playing Syracuse. That's exactly the type of game I'm talking about.