• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

We added a Home and Home with...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

8 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Sure to draw hundreds of, "so-called" fans.

FIFY

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

We're not just any G5 team, you make us sound like a midget.

Missed it completely 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Missed it completely 

Yep. 

FSU scheduled Charleston Southern this year.

Clemson scheduled Troy this year.

Etc.

It doesn't matter how big and bad your program is, they still schedule G5 teams.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Agreed. Not every series can be against a P5. These are smart games against good/beatable competition.  

My issue with scheduling a series like this is you have nothing to gain, everything to lose. It is why schools like UF shy away from scheduling us. We should beat them, so you will get no acclaim from winning. But they are far superior to your average doormat, so it's not an easy win either. If we are going to schedule a game that we are not sure to win, I would rather it be against a bigger name (even if crappier on the field) rather than a nobody who has a decent shot.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

My issue with scheduling a series like this is you have nothing to gain, everything to lose. It is why schools like UF shy away from scheduling us. We should beat them, so you will get no acclaim from winning. But they are far superior to your average doormat, so it's not an easy win either. If we are going to schedule a game that we are not sure to win, I would rather it be against a bigger name (even if crappier on the field) rather than a nobody who has a decent shot.

That argument is getting so old and outdated it hurts. 

Guest PCBull14
12 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

CMU is not a nobody but ok.

I want us to play teams that can actually be competitive. I mean we could schedule Kansas but winning 70-14 in a game your supposed to win 70-14 doesn't really help us. Beating CMU is a good win especially if we do it by a few scores.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Grand Rapids is a pretty cool town, some good breweries up there. I'd probably try to fly into Lansing and rental it. 

11 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

CMU is not a nobody but ok.

I want us to play teams that can actually be competitive. I mean we could schedule Kansas but winning 70-14 in a game your supposed to win 70-14 doesn't really help us. Beating CMU is a good win especially if we do it by a few scores.

Nobody is looking back at our schedule for the year and saying "they beat CMU, alright." We just disagree that people think CMU > Kansas. I think that is true only in the minds of a very few. For the vast majority of people looking back at a season's schedule, I believe a bottom feeder P5 school would still be looked at as a better W on the schedule than a no-name school (let's face it, CMU is that), even one who is having a reasonably good season. Name recognition matters in CFB. We can believe it doesn't, but that doesn't make it true.

37 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

That argument is getting so old and outdated it hurts. 

The argument is even more true now than it was 5 years ago. Hell, some of the conferences are even instituting rules to make it a formal policy.