• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

US News Ranking

TExpress

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I don't understand how this happened but we dropped three places and are ranked #159. On a good note, we did increase our distance from UCF which is now ranked #176... I believe they dropped 8 spots this year. FSU moving up 5 spots tells you to take these rankings with a grain of salt...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Academics matter in a BIG way and we just aren't there yet.  A very long way to go nationally.  Being invited to a P5 conference has so many moving parts and a BIG one is academics.  #159 is an "also-ran" at best. 

Go Bulls!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Academics matter in a BIG way and we just aren't there yet.  A very long way to go nationally.  Being invited to a P5 conference has so many moving parts and a BIG one is academics.  #159 is an "also-ran" at best. 

Go Bulls!

There are nearly 3000 colleges and universities in the U.S. and we're #159. Wouldn't that mean we're in the top 5%-6% nationally? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Go Bulls!

USF academics is better today than ever before... yet we fell behind in the rankings. Unless, several new universities moved up; I fail to see how our ranking is justified.

I guess endowment is important.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, Bear said:

I guess endowment is important.

Well, an expensive car is sometimes used in its place.

USF has come very, very far since inception and certainly since I got my degree.  Facts are facts, we still have much improvement before we're seen as a top tier academic university.  It may take another 25 years to get where we need to be.  Dr. Genshaft has done a stellar job focusing on and improving the academics.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

US News rankings are not as meaningful as AAU (Association of American Universities) inclusion. We're actively laying the groundwork for AAU inclusion, and, to me, that's the most important academic goal for USF to achieve in the next 20-25 years.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Average SAT score up to record 1226, ACT 28 and GPA 4.08 for entering freshmen....yet we fall is totally BS.  I think we probably beat FSU on some of these entering freshmen metrics now.  

Beasufkid....how is this not good 'academics'?  Please enlighten me what you are talking about.

Take a look at the top 100 universities in the U.S. and their freshman profiles.  USF has come light years under Dr. Genshaft's leadership regarding academics.  she's done a great job!  Still a very, very long way to go.  Winning games on a field or court is only part of the equation for moving to a P5.  I can assure you academics are a very big variable.  UCF suffers from the same issue regarding academics.

Take a look at Med School rankings.  Last time I looked we were right around 100.  Again, much improved, but hardly an elite school. 

Do a bit of research.  It's easily found.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Bausfkid....FSU is ranked #36 and I am thinking that our profiles of incoming freshman are very similar at this point, are they not?  Let's focus on that comparison first....and let's keep it to the last two years 2015 and 2016.